— Global Steel Manufacturer and Distributor Leverages Simpana Software's Integrated Backup, Recovery, Deduplication and Archive to Control Data Growth and Increase Business Value —
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) — SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA — March 14, 2012
- The OneSteel Group, a mining and metals group, has deployed CommVault®Simpana® software to modernise its data management platform with a single, unified solution for protecting, archiving and optimising 90 TBs of mission-critical email and application data.
- Based in Sydney, Australia, OneSteel has embraced Simpana software's single pane-of-glass management and integrated backup, recovery, deduplication and archive functionality to better support rapid growth driven by a diverse portfolio of domestic and international businesses.
- According to OneSteel, Simpana software is enabling the worldwide company to standardise on a set of best practices and policies, which will automate remote backups, improve overall resource allocation, increase the reliability of email services, and reduce the cost to store, retain and scale massive amounts of data.
- To simplify a complex Microsoft Exchange 2010 migration encompassing 8,500 employee mailboxes across 70 facilities in 15 countries, Simpana software was chosen over a legacy platform because the product delivered one consolidated solution for analysing, safeguarding, retaining and searching emails. CommVault technology also helps OneSteel reduce risk by bolstering support for internal business compliance needs, which necessitated granular visibility of Exchange and application data across all remote sites.
- With Simpana software's Singular Data and Information Management approach, OneSteel can deliver greater business value to its organisation while being able to easily locate and retrieve emails and data as needed for improved compliance and information governance.
OneSteel fortifies #Microsoft #Exchange environment with @CommVault #Simpana #datamanagement software http://bit.ly/yIXCK6
Building a Solid Data Management Structure
- With the Simpana Archive module, OneSteel will be well positioned to address common storage capacity management problems while reaping the benefits of automatic archiving of critical Exchange data to secondary storage and migrating ever-increasing PST files, which previously had strained the entire infrastructure, to the new archive.
- According to the company, Simpana software provides OneSteel with a simpler yet more powerful and flexible approach for reassessing, configuring and scaling its converged IT infrastructure, which comprises approximately 200 physical and 300 virtual servers, to accommodate changing storage priorities and ever-increasing business requirements.
- Moreover, OneSteel takes advantage of CommVault's embedded deduplicationfunctionality to achieve significant reductions in redundant data while performing backups of file and email data. The combination of deduplication and archive enable the company to free up valuable storage space by both eliminating redundant data and by moving information off more expensive primary storage to cost-effective secondary storage.
- According to OneSteel, Simpana software provides robust, integrated reporting, offering valuable insight into the company's far-sweeping environment to assist in long-range planning while producing further reductions in administrative overhead.
- Michael Collogan, commercial manager, Information Systems, OneSteel
"We have grown rapidly through acquisitions, which created a big buildup of disparate systems and made it difficult to manage and protect critical data. With Simpana software, we'll be able to simplify and scale our IT environment easily and cost-effectively to best meet the demands of dynamic business growth."
- Jonathan Giles, infrastructure operations manager, OneSteel
"Not only does Simpana software give us the ability to manage backup and archive operations with one centralised interface, we now have access to all the reports and tools we need to support our staff so they can focus more on customer-facing issues instead of worrying about backups on a day-to-day basis."
OneSteel is an integrated miner, manufacturer, distributor and recycler of metals and steel related products that is self-sufficient in iron ore and has the ability to be self-sufficient in scrap metal, with revenues in excess of $7 billion Australian dollars.
With a strategic focus on the growing global resources industry, OneSteel not only mines and supplies raw steel making materials to steel mills operating in Australian and overseas but is also a leading manufacturer of steel mining consumables which are critical to mine sites all over the world. With people and resources in over 15 countries and more than 70 operating facilities in overseas markets, OneSteel is positioned as a true global partner.
A singular vision — a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs — guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2012 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, SnapProtect, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.