CommVault and Hitachi Data Systems Bring Industry's Most Advanced Data Protection, Availability and Recovery to Global Enterprises and Systems Integrators
- Enhanced Hitachi Data Protection Suite powered by CommVault Simpana® software automates data backup, management and access for unified storage, virtualized and cloud infrastructure
- Deeper Simpana IntelliSnap® integration with Hitachi snapshot, copy and recovery management software delivers more efficient protection, ease of use and data availability for Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform and Unified Storage VM systems
- Expanded licensing options offer flexible ways to adopt modern data protection techniques that reduce cost, risk and complexity
OCEANPORT, NJ —December 19, 2013 — CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) today announced an expansion of its long-standing OEM partnership with Hitachi Data Systems to provide the industry’s most advanced data protection and recovery solutions to enterprises and IT-as-a-service providers.
New, deeper integration of Hitachi Data Protection Suite, powered by CommVault, with Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform (VSP) and Unified Storage VM systems help increase storage efficiency and automates data backup and recovery for application, file systems and hypervisor platforms. The high-speed recovery of data can lower operating and capital expenses, reduce complexity and risk for Hitachi Data Systems storage customers. They can also deploy Simpana-based hardware snapshot and copy management as a standalone option or integrated with the complete Hitachi Data Protection Suite, which also embeds backup, content-aware retention, deduplication, eDiscovery and search functionality into a single software platform.
“CommVault is committed to driving up efficiency and driving out costs for the enterprise through our vision for modern data management and single software platform architecture,” said David West, senior vice president of worldwide marketing and business development, CommVault. “As our OEM partnership with Hitachi Data Systems enters its ninth year, CommVault is focused on offering innovation for our joint customers that helps extend the value of their storage investments and data to transform their business.”
“CommVault continues to deliver innovative data protection technology that our customers demand for emerging use cases and data-intensive environments, whether on premises or in the cloud,” said Mike Walkey, senior VP of global partners and alliances at Hitachi Data Systems. “The enhanced Simpana software features and flexible deployment help Hitachi Data Systems storage customers increase the availability of their data while reducing risks and costs for their business.”
Simplifying Backup and Recovery for Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform and Unified Storage VM
Simpana IntelliSnap technology normalizes and simplifies hardware snapshot management with industry-leading storage and application integrations, eliminating the need for custom scripts, multiple tools and manual processes. Working together, CommVault and Hitachi Data Systems have standardized management of snapshots across Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform or Unified Storage VM systems. With deepened IntelliSnap integration, Hitachi Data Protection Suite provides a single management console for easier administration, offering innovations and benefits such as:
- Modern, efficient backup and recovery – integrated provisioning and management of Hitachi Thin Image snapshots and ShadowImage volume copies enable fast, space-efficient backup and recovery of application, file and object data at the speed of the hardware array.
- Automation for simplified operations – automated management of Hitachi Open Remote Copy Manager (HORCM) tasks, such as file and pair discovery, speeds time to deployment, maximizes array recovery options and minimizes downtime. The increased productivity also frees up IT resources to focus on other priorities.
- Granular intelligence to increase data availability and access – built-in Simpana awareness for application, hypervisor and file systems enables rapid recovery of individual files, objects and messages. Data is available to support business decisions, test and development and compliance requirements.
- Support for heterogeneous physical and virtualized environments including:
- File systems: Linux, UNIX, and Microsoft Windows File Systems
- Applications: Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint and SQL Server, IBM DB2 and Notes, MySQL, Oracle and SAP
- Hypervisors: Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware
The full Hitachi Data Protection Suite powered by CommVault is available immediately from Hitachi Data Systems and a joint network of global reseller, systems integrator and solutions providers. The new capacity licensing options allow customers to quickly deploy modern snapshot management as a standalone option, integrated with HDS systems, and seamlessly upgrade later to the complete data and information management platform. The snapshot management-only option will be available in the coming weeks.
Tweet this: .@CommVault and Hitachi Data Systems simplify and speed backup and recovery with new snapshot management for Unified Storage VM and VSP storage http://simpa.na/JLetwg
- CommVault® Simpana® 10 Software
- More on Simpana IntelliSnap Technology
- More on CommVault’s Efficient Data Management Solutions
- More CommVault News
- Subscribe to CommVault RSS Feeds
- Follow CommVault on Twitter
- Follow CommVault on Facebook
- Watch CommVault Videos on YouTube
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2013 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, IntelliSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, Simpana OnePass, CommVault Edge, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.