— Growing data volumes, security threats, industry consolidation, and use of the cloud are driving healthcare organizations to adopt the Commvault Data Platform —
— With Commvault, healthcare organizations can use holistic data management to better protect, control and extract value from their data, helping them deliver higher-quality, lower cost care —
HIMSS17, Orlando, Fla. and Tinton Falls, N.J. – February 21, 2017 – Commvault (NASDAQ: CVLT), a global leader in enterprise backup, recovery, archive and the cloud, today announced that it is seeing growing healthcare industry demand for its Commvault Data Platform with strong customer adoption among healthcare providers and organizations since the formation of its healthcare solutions group. Multiple forces – including growing data volumes, rising security risks, stricter regulatory requirements, increasing industry consolidation and shrinking IT budgets – are driving healthcare organizations to implement holistic data management strategies with the Commvault Data Platform. By providing data protection of electronic health records (EHR) and enabling enterprise image management through the Commvault Clinical Archive, healthcare customers are delivering higher quality, lower cost care by better protecting, controlling and extracting value from their EHR, imaging, financial and other enterprise data.
Commvault will be highlighting why healthcare organizations are increasingly using the Commvault Data Platform to streamline disaster recovery, optimize EHR data protection, consolidate enterprise imaging and secure a holistic, 360-degree view of their data at HIMSS17 Conference & Exhibition, booth No. 1703 on Feb. 19-23 in Orlando.
New Healthcare Customers, Partnerships Demonstrate Growing Market Traction
At HIMSS17 Commvault announced strong customer momentum in the healthcare market since the formation of its healthcare solutions group to help them implement holistic data management strategies. A small sample of new and existing healthcare customers that have expanded their investment into Commvault’s portfolio of data management solutions include :
- Adventist Health System
- Advocate Health Care
- Alaska Native Medical Center
- Denver Health Medical Center
- Eisenhower Medical Center
- Kelsey-Seybold Clinic
- GRUPO HERMES PARDINI
- Guthrie Healthcare Systems
- International Committee of the Red Cross
- Salem Health
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- Tufts Medical Center
- University of Rochester Medical Center
- UW Health
- Assuta Hospital
- Kingston Hospital NHS Trust
- Royal Cornwall Hospital NHS Trust
- St. Andrew’s Healthcare
- The Health Products Regulatory Authority
- The National Institutes of Health NIDA — Department of Health and Human Services
- The National Institutes of Health NLM – Department of Health and Human Services
At the conference, Commvault also announced new partnerships with CloudWave and Harmony Healthcare IT, a technical achievement with TeraRecon, a new IDC white paper on how healthcare organizations can use holistic data management to create a competitive advantage, and a new listing for Commvault Clinical Archive in Imaging Technology News.
- CloudWave and Commvault Partnership: The Commvault Data Platform has been selected by CloudWave to power its new OpSus Backup service, a healthcare backup-as-a-service (BaaS) offering that enables healthcare organizations to quickly, easily and securely use the cloud to protect and recover mission-critical application data.
- TeraRecon and Commvault Achievement: Commvault announced a technical achievement with TeraRecon, a leader in advanced visualization and enterprise medical image viewing solutions, enabling healthcare organizations to deliver anywhere access to images at speeds never before possible.
- Harmony Healthcare IT and Commvault Partnership: Commvault has partnered with Harmony Healthcare IT to extend the power of the Commvault Data Platform with new capabilities in data aggregation and application decommissioning. As a result, healthcare customers can manage the complicated process of decommissioning legacy applicationsby retiring Electronic Healthcare Records (EHR) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems while enabling them to access and protect important clinical and business data.
- IDC Healthcare Enterprise Data Management Whitepaper: This new whitepaper helps healthcare organizations understand how enterprise grade health data management can help them drive a competitive advantage in the marketplace by better protecting EHR data, business, and other data, enable clinical and image archiving, and enhance their security posture when it comes to cyberattacks that can compromise IT systems and data.
- Listing in Imaging Technology News (ITN): Commvault Clinical Archive was listed in the February issue of ITN, the premiere imaging publication referred to by CIOs and decision makers within healthcare. Commvault’s inclusion in ITN’s highly-regarded VNA Comparison Chart further demonstrates the company’s growth and success in the healthcare imaging space.
“Healthcare organizations are deriving more value from their data than ever before – yet they are also finding that protecting, managing and extracting value from this data is more complex than ever,” said Ananth Balasubramanian, General Manager of Worldwide Healthcare Business at Commvault. “By providing them with the power to implement holistic data management strategies that enable them to take full control of their data, whatever it is, wherever it may reside, Commvault is helping healthcare organizations simplify data protection and management, while also allowing them take the next step forward in using data to improve patient outcomes and reduce costs.”
About Commvault Healthcare
Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management solutions, helping healthcare organizations worldwide handle massive volumes of data, meet compliance requirements and deliver quality patient care. Through its single integrated platform, the Commvault Data Platform, Commvault provides healthcare organizations with enterprise data protection, enabling them to scale infrastructure easily and cost-effectively while maintaining the security and privacy of patient information. Commvault Software includes data encryption capabilities, enabling healthcare providers to meet the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act and other patient data privacy compliance requirements.
Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management solutions, helping companies worldwide activate their data to drive more value and business insight and to transform modern data environments. With solutions and services delivered directly and through a worldwide network of partners and service providers, Commvault solutions comprise one of the industry’s leading portfolios in data protection and recovery, cloud, virtualization, archive, file sync and share. Commvault has earned accolades from customers and third party influencers for its technology vision, innovation, and execution as an independent and trusted expert. Without the distraction of a hardware business or other business agenda, Commvault’s sole focus on data management has led to adoption by companies of all sizes, in all industries, and for solutions deployed on-premises, across mobile platforms, to and from the cloud, and provided as-a-service. Commvault employs more than 2,700 highly skilled individuals across markets worldwide, is publicly traded on NASDAQ (CVLT), and is headquartered in Tinton Falls, New Jersey in the United States. To learn more about Commvault — and how it can help make your data work for you — visit www.commvault.com
Safe Harbor Statement: Customers’ results may differ materially from those stated herein; Commvault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding Commvault’s beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. Commvault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements. The development and timing of any product release as well as any of its features or functionality remain at our sole discretion.
©1999-2019 Commvault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “C hexagon” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, OnePass, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, IntelliSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, Commvault Edge, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.