HDS and Commvault:
Operational Recovery for Critical Applications
A Full Suite Solution to Data Protection
Hitachi Data Protection Suite (HDPS), powered by Commvault software, automates data protection and management for unified storage, virtual and cloud infrastructures, through deep integrations with Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform G1000 (VSP G1000), Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform (VSP), and Hitachi Unified Storage VM (HUS VM) systems.
Snapshot Management and Recovery
IntelliSnap® technology, available as a standalone option or as part of the Hitachi Data Protection Suite, provides application-consistent snapshot management and recovery on Hitachi Data Systems storage arrays.
- Accelerate time to value of storage investments
- Increase efficiency and IT staff productivity
- Reduce organizational risk through tighter integration and automation of storage and applications
Rapid, Reliable Application Recovery
HDPS application-aware snapshot management capabilities provide a data protection approach designed to handle the increased need for efficiency and soaring database volumes of the modern IT industry.
- Eliminate manual tasks and scripting
- Operationalize application recovery using automated, repeatable procedures
- Unify snapshots, backup, and disaster recovery across your enterprise
- Recover specific files within applications through content indexing of snapshots
Comprehensive Data Management
HDPS offers a comprehensive solution for storing, managing and accessing unstructured and structured data across the entire Hitachi product family — from Hitachi Content Platform to Hitachi storage platforms. Protected data is kept in a single virtual repository, eliminating the separate data silos that come with traditional snapshot, backup and archive products. This means you get a complete, unified view of all your enterprise data, wherever it resides.
With HDPS powered by Commvault, you get a scalable, cost-effective solution that evolves over your data’s lifecycle, matching storage and management costs to the value of the data. Whatever the platform, data management becomes as easy as A-B-C:
- Archive first: Reduce primary storage costs and improve backup/restore times by backing up less data each time.
- Backup less: Improve data and application availability with technologies such as snapshots and Global Active Device.
- Cloud connected: Simplify disaster recovery by copying data to the cloud rather than costly and complex tape.
Here are selections from our resource library, which includes a wide range of videos, customer case studies, datasheets, whitepapers and more to further explain how Commvault can help you make your data work for you.