Complete data protection across cloud and on-premises environments
Whether you have just upgraded or are getting ready to move to Office 365, it’s a good time to review your backup and recovery strategy. Use this checklist to help you rest easy knowing you have a complete strategy in place – because we all know that high availability is not a recovery strategy.
Instructions for use
Evaluate your existing backup and recovery strategy by placing a checkbox next to each of the relevant boxes. Repeat this for each solution or vendor you’re evaluating to identify differences or gaps in coverage.
1. Choose the Office 365 applications that are covered under the data protection solution, including recovery from accidental deletion, malware or ransomware.
☐ Microsoft Exchange Online
☐ Microsoft SharePoint
☐ Microsoft Teams
☐ Microsoft OneDrive
☐ All of the above
2. Choose the Office 365 mailbox data that is protected from accidental deletion, malware or ransomware.
☐ Deleted items
☐ Chat conversation histories
☐ Litigation hold items
☐ All the above
3. Select the Office 365 data protection strategy that best fits.
☐ Office 365 backup and recovery is managed in one interface alongside all other cloud and on-premises data workloads
☐ Office 365 backup is a separate interface from a vendor with other backup and recovery solutions
☐ Office 365 backup is an entirely separate product
Commvault helps you maximize and protect your Microsoft Office 365 investment by providing a comprehensive platform that delivers the best in backup, recovery, archiving, search and discover.
4. Select any additional search capabilities provided by the data protection solution, across Office 365.
☐ Search is provided across some, but not all of Office 365
☐ Search is provided and can be extended to provide advanced eDiscovery services if needed
☐ There is no search capability
5. Select the storage targets supported for Office 365 backups.
☐ Microsoft Azure
☐ On-premises data center
☐ Another public or private cloud
Use the selections above and compare your Office 365 data protection solution capabilities with your business needs to identify gaps and areas for further investigation.