Commvault and SAP – Increase your operational efficiency today!
SAP on Oracle™ Protection
The use of SAP business software has become more and more pervasive in today’s economic environment. Applications like SAP ERP are an essential component for many companies by driving business process automation and efficiency. SAP environments are typically mission-critical, large and complex, making data protection and availability a challenging task.
Running your SAP enterprise applications on Oracle is no problem at all. Commvault can provide the right SAP data management solution while maximizing SAP availability, performance and automation to make sure that service levels are met at all times.
Commvault helps your organization build, protect and operate SAP environments that can be integrated into private, public, or hybrid cloud environments while using various mechanisms for protecting and managing SAP your environments with data lifecycle management. Let’s review some of these highlights now.
SAP on Oracle highlights
Building on SAP’s Backint for Oracle interface allows for tight integration with SAP BR*Tools along with scheduling and monitoring data protection jobs directly via SAP DB13 and DBACOCKPIT transactions.
Leverage Commvault’s advanced snapshot technology for low impact SAP on Oracle backups and for driving the backup window against zero.
Minimize storage footprint through advanced deduplication and compression technologies. Reduce full backups to once per week with incremental or differential backups and save on secondary storage costs. This allows saving of precious snapshot resources while preserving all Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) and Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) benefits.
Dramatically reduce recovery times of multi-terabyte SAP on Oracle deployments by using advanced snapshot-based restores. Flexible SAP on Oracle disaster recovery options through the support of high availability setups and storage-based replication technologies.
Create and refresh SAP on Oracle Landscape systems – manually via an easy-to-use GUI dialog or fully automated and policy-based.
Script-free SAP on Oracle protection, restore and hardware snapshot management along with the ability to automate disaster recovery tests, streamlines daily operations.
As a long-standing and committed SAP Partner, Commvault delivers certified SAP data protection solutions, which can be deployed quickly and seamlessly. The solution is tightly integrated with SAP BR*Tools. All required SAP BR*Tools scripts are generated dynamically at runtime, eliminating the burden of script development and maintenance. Existing BR*Tools scripts can still be used as well as spontaneous backups, and restores from command line can be run at any time.
SAP landscape management and devops
It has never been easier to create renamed SAP database copies or database clones for building and refreshing test and development systems or for quickly provisioning a new test system if the business requests it.
By integrating with Commvault’s leading snapshot technology, called IntelliSnap, the recovery time of critical SAP systems can be reduced dramatically, allowing you to meet even challenging RTO requirements. Full backups only take minutes to create, allowing multiple recovery points per day. Selected snapshots can be mounted on a separate proxy host and copied to tape or disk for redundancy or long term retention – automated and without any SAP application impact.
Intelligent, threshold-based SAP archive log management eliminates the risk of SAP downtime caused by “archiver stuck” conditions.
Creating deduplicated redundant backup copies allows for disaster recovery preparation. Disaster recovery tests can be automated to run periodically to make sure that disaster recovery plans always work when they are needed.
- Leverage full automation of SAP recovery processes, including full and point-in-time recovery.
- Restore granularity from full database to tablespace, and down to a single data file, control file, or archive log.
- Easy-to-use solution that empowers the backup admin to take over routine SAP data protection and recovery tasks.
- Monitor status and progress of running SAP backup and restore jobs via GUI-linked BR*Tools detail file.
- Script-free SAP protection and hardware snapshots take away the scripting burden from SAP and storage administrator and minimizes the chance of human error.
- Support for mixed-mode SAP backups where the database is snapped, and archive logs are backed up traditionally. This saves precious snapshot resources while preserving all RTO and RPO benefits.
- Support for backups and restores in Oracle RMAN mode, allowing for incremental backups.
- Ability to verify backups using SAP BR*Tools or Oracle RMAN functionality.
- Built-in support for consolidating database backups and archive logs on a single medium for enabling long retention backups.
Commvault’s comprehensive data management solution provides much-needed simplicity, availability, performance and automation for your SAP enterprise applications running on Oracle. Let Commvault remove your daily SAP complexities and increase your operational efficiency today.