Commvault for Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Agentless protection for Google Compute Engine Virtual Machines (VMs)
- Application-consistent backups using agents, for filesystems and applications in VMs
- “Incremental Forever” data protection, to minimize backup windows and provide faster recovery
- Support for all tiers of Google Cloud Storage – Multi-Regional, Regional, Nearline, Coldline
- Simplified Service Level Agreement (SLA)-based protection plans
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a suite of cloud computing services that runs on the same infrastructure that Google uses internally for its own end-user products. Coupled with a robust set of management tools, it provides a series of modular cloud services including compute, data storage, and data analytics. It’s a recognized public cloud environment that’s ideal for running flexible, scalable, and resilient workloads. At Commvault, we believe that the simplicity, security and auditability you’ve come to expect from your on-premises data protection solution should also work in Google Cloud Platform. The Commvault Complete™ Backup & Recovery product offers support for GCP Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and storage offerings – along with comprehensive data protection for all your storage platforms, non-virtualized servers and physical applications.
Data protection challenges in the public cloud
Protecting workloads via cloud-native tools can be complex and limited. To protect cloud workloads and data, organizations frequently resort to creating their own scripts to orchestrate the different snapshot and replication methods available with various cloud services. As your organization takes advantage of the flexibility and elasticity of the public cloud, these scripts can be difficult to maintain, audit, and scale. And if your organization has regulatory or business process requirements to create secondary copies of backups in other cloud providers or in your on-premises datacenter, this complexity increases exponentially.
From a single interface, Commvault offers broad data management capabilities including data backup, recovery, management and eDiscovery capabilities that help maximize your use of Google Cloud Platform. Contact us today to learn how.
2 Clicks to the cloud with Google Cloud Platform: Data Protection for Google Cloud Platform.
Comprehensive data management for Google Cloud Platform
The Commvault Virtual Server Agent (VSA) for Google Compute Engine allows you to easily protect and recover virtual machines and data without agents on each virtual machine. The VSA provides an agentless data management solution that provides a powerful and simple-to-manage platform to protect your Google Compute Engine environment. With the Commvault VSA, you benefit from:
- Service level-based data management and protection plans
- Native integration with both public and private clouds
- Agentless protection
Simplified and scalable data protection powered by the Commvault virtual server agent
Backup and recovery with reduced management overhead
- Automatic discovery and protection of Google Compute Engine VM data via Commvault’s agentless Virtual Server Agent proxy
- Application-consistent protection to help ensure that your VM applications are adequately protected and fully recoverable to consistent points in times
Global management and proactive monitoring
- Protect and manage all your Google Cloud VMs across multiple GCP projects and regions, all from within a single consolidated view
- Provide protection monitoring and recovery reporting of multiple GCP accounts and regions in a consolidated view
- Use a single, unified interface to recover data to any GCP Project or region, to an on-premises datacenter, or to other cloud providers
GCP storage integration
- Supports all tiers of Google Cloud Platform storage: Multi-Regional, Regional, Nearline, and Coldline
- Directly read and write data to all tiers of GCP storage, without the need for costly gateways or instantiating infrastructure in GCP
- Helps reduce GCP storage costs by leveraging Commvault compression and deduplication
- Helps ensure data security by encrypting data both in-flight and at-rest within GCP storage
- Increases public cloud resiliency by replicating a copy of your data from other clouds to GCP storage
Simplified deployment and administration
- Software-based solution offers flexible deployments options – on premises, in the cloud, and across hybrid environments
- Single management interface reduces learning curve and deployment complexity
- Single licensing model can cover all VMs, applications, and file systems in the enterprise
Flexible and easy-to-use
As a software-based solution, Commvault provides extreme flexibility in deployment options. Commvault also offers an integrated solution with its HyperScale™ Technology platform that combines all aspects of the data protection platform in a scale-out system. Commvault can also be deployed as a completely virtual or cloud-based protection platform, depending on the needs of your business. A single, intuitive management interface consolidates all configuration, management, and reporting tools into a web-based portal, simplifying ongoing management and greatly reducing your administrative burden.
You rely on Google Cloud Platform to provide a flexible and agile environment for your workloads. Commvault lets you extend that flexibility to protecting your data with a fully-integrated Google Cloud Platform solution that can help you meet your unique data protection needs, both now and in the future. Why settle for multiple point solutions or custom-developed scripts for backup and recovery, disaster recovery, and test/development when you can deploy the Commvault’s unified data protection platform to help you:
- Reduce disaster recovery cost and complexity and by using a single toolset
- Align your DR Recovery Point Objectives (RPOs) and Recovery Time Objectives (RTOs) to your unique business requirements
- Utilize customized workflows to automate complex manual application recoveries beyond the virtual machine and operating system
Commvault’s converged data management solution redefines what backup means for the progressive enterprise. With innovative products that include Commvault Complete™ Backup & Recovery; Commvault HyperScale™; Commvault Orchestrate™; and Commvault Activate™, Commvault offers an integrated range of backup and recovery, storage infrastructure, service delivery orchestration and data governance solutions.