Resource Library - Datasheet and Brochure
Commvault and VMware
- Full integration with VMware technologies – including the vRealize framework – enables effortless automation
- A single, modern interface enables powerful capabilities for both on-premises and multi-cloud environments
- Wide-ranging support for modern storage options and cloud technologies, including vSAN, vVols, and VMware Cloud (VMC) on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Easy-to-use, Service Level Agreement (SLA)-based protection plans support your existing policies and Virtual Machine (VM) tags, for policy-driven data protection support
- Powerful snapshot management framework for hardware orchestration helps drive lower Recovery Point Objectives (RPOs) and Recovery Time Objectives (RTOs)
- Self-service architecture and Commvault Command Center™ - an easy-to-use management console, simplify many VM administrator tasks
As businesses transform, the role of IT – and the value that IT can provide to the business – is more critical than ever. It’s also more challenging. Organizations today no longer have tolerance for downtime. No matter how many virtual machines you’re running, Commvault makes it easier to protect your VMware environment. Commvault’s data management platform provides the features, performance, and scalability you need — all through an intuitive, easy-to-use, web-based management interface.
Data protection challenges for VMware
Protecting a Virtual Machine might seem simple. Protecting thousands of Virtual Machines — each with differing requirements for protection, recovery, reporting, and disaster recovery — is not so simple. Commvault can help simplify these complex challenges, using SLA-based protection plans to ensure that each virtual machine is properly protected.
Comprehensive data protection and management for VMWare
- Agentless protection of VMware VMs, with automatic application-aware consistency when required
- “Incremental forever” data protection strategy, using Change Block Tracking (CBT) technology
- Application-consistent protection helps ensure that your applications are protected and fully recoverable
- Full and granular recovery options, ranging from full virtual machines, VM files, and guest folders or files
- Built-in compression and global deduplication across all virtual machines
- Virtual machine migrations and conversions to and from other hypervisors
- Full integration with VMware APIs and SDKs – VADP, VAIO, VDDK
- Policy-driven architecture supports Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for backup and disaster recovery
- Native snapshot integration helps drive down RTOs and RPOs to support your unique recovery requirements
- Comprehensive Disaster Recovery support, including planned and unplanned failover, failback, and DR testing
“Single pane of glass” view for efficient global monitoring and reporting
- Protect and manage all your virtual environments
- Monitor and report on your testing and recovery operations
- Easily recover data to multiple locations
Cloud integration for enabling hybrid infrastructure
- Directly integrate cloud storage and resources without the need for costly gateways
- Leverage cloud resources as backup targets or as a fully operational data management platform
- Recover directly from cloud resources without the need to stage data
Simplified deployment and administration
- Software-based solution offers flexible deployments options
- Commvault HyperScale™ Technology can simplify deployment of your data protection platform
- Single management interface reduces learning curve and deployment complexity
- Simple licensing and consumption models
Commvault Command Center can simplify administration and provide your admins and end users with role-based, self-service access to VM recovery.
Commvault Architecture Overview
Flexible and easy-to-use
As a software-based solution, Commvault provides flexibility in deployment options. Commvault HyperScale™ Technology is also available as an integrated solution that combines all aspects of the data protection software and hardware in a scale-out system. Commvault can also be deployed as a completely virtual or cloud-based protection platform, to meet the unique needs of your business. A single, intuitive management interface consolidates all configuration, management, and reporting tools into a web-based portal, simplifying ongoing management and greatly reducing your administrative burden.
VMware helps to optimize and virtualize your data center infrastructure. Commvault lets you extend that flexibility to your data environment with a VMware-integrated solution that can help you meet your unique data protection needs, both now and in the future.
Commvault’s converged data management solution redefines what backup means for the progressive enterprise. With innovative products that include Commvault Complete™ Backup & Recovery; Commvault HyperScale™; Commvault Orchestrate™; and Commvault Activate™, Commvault offers an integrated range of backup and recovery, storage infrastructure, service delivery orchestration and data governance solutions.
Data protection highlights
- “Incremental Forever” Data Protection using Changed Block Tracking (CBT)
- Automatic discovery of guests
- Snapshot integration through IntelliSnap® Technology
- Live File Recovery of VMs and guest files
- Automatic application-aware consistency
- Comprehensive reporting and alerting