- Accelerate the time-to-value of your Commvault® environment with seasoned Commvault Technology Consultants and proven deployment methodologies.
- Flexibility to modify the scope of your Commvault® software implementations within predefined parameters.
- Our project management resources mitigate unexpected challenges while ensuring adherence to scope and schedule.
- The simplicity of one Commvault Consulting SKU to address a wide spectrum of installation and configuration activities without the need for a customized SOW.
Busy IT departments are finding it more challenging than ever to operate and maintain traditional backup environments, much less design, install and configure a modern data management solution. Commvault can be trusted to consistently deliver a smooth transition from legacy backup and archive solutions to a modern approach based on the Commvault® Data Platform. You can rely on our proven methodologies and global team of seasoned technologists to reduce the time, effort and risk of your implementation.
The Commvault QuickStart Advanced offering enables you to accelerate the installation and configuration of your Commvault software environment and operate it more easily. These services are based on our standard, best-practice deployment model. Every QuickStart Advanced offering includes a whiteboard session, Commvault Project Management support, installation and configuration of a single CommCell, and as-built documentation.
KEY ACTIVITIES AND BENEFITS
Commvault experts collect key information about your data management needs and expectations in order to develop an optimal Commvault software implementation plan.
Minimize your time and effort to develop a robust implementation plan for deploying the Commvault Data Platform.
|Installation and Configuration||
Seasoned Commvault consultants provide continuity with installation and configuration of the Commvault software environment.
Accelerate the time-to-value of your data management solution.
|Onsite Knowledge Transfer||
Our consulting engineers cover topics such as basic configuration, feature optimization, and others specific to your environment as requested by your staff within project scope.
Improve the overall availability of your Commvault solution and develop IT staff capabilities to maintain operational efficiencies.
|Application and Database Agent Installation||
Advanced consulting for the installation and configuration of MySQL, DB2, Oracle, or SAP.
Protect the mission critical applications and databases that process transactions and run your business.
Our technology consultants ensure that your Commvault software environment is designed for optimal results and will continue to deliver over the long term.
ESTIMATED SCOPE OF ACTIVITY
Commvault personnel or authorized agents will be assigned to work closely with customer staff to perform the mandatory and customer-selected service activities from Bands 1 through 5 within three consecutive weeks. Note that Bands are simply logical groupings used to categorize service activities.
Services will be performed at a minimum of 4 consecutive business days and one physical location per week. The customer may select up to the maximum number of service activities within each Band listed and for each Band, service activities may be selected in any combination, with multiple selections of the same activity allowed.
Our experts can design, install, configure, personalize and validate your Commvault environment so you achieve a better return on investment, faster and with more confidence.
MANDATORY COMMVAULT® SOFTWARE OR DATA PLATFORM COMPONENTS
|Target - Disk or Tape||
|Whiteboard Design (4 hours)||
|Project Management Assistance (24 hours)||
BAND 1: COMMVAULT® SOFTWARE COMPONENTS AND AGENTS – SELECT UP TO A TOTAL OF 45
Default Band Selections – 1 Media Agent and 44 Filesystem iDA.
Multiple selections of the same service activity allowed.
- Media Agent (Additional Media Agents)
- Commvault Feature - Commcell Encryption
- Commvault Feature - Secondary Encryption
- Commvault Feature - Data Erase
- Commvault Feature - Vault Tracker Enterprise
- Commvault Feature – Gridstor
- OS Cluster iDA (All supported types)
- SQL DB Mirroring of a CommServe Database
- Target - Tape Library
- Active Directory
- Filesystem iDA (All supported types, 1 agent per)
- Edge iDA (All supported types, 1 agent per)
BAND 2: COMMVAULT® SOFTWARE COMPONENTS, STANDARD APPLICATION, COMMVAULT ONEPASS™, AND INTELLISNAP® AGENTS – SELECT UP TO A TOTAL OF 15
Multiple selections of the same activity allowed.
Default Band Selections – 1 Microsoft Exchange and 14 Virtual Server Agent Proxy
- CommServe – Clustering established
- CommServe – Migrating established
- Target - Disk Library Configuration
- Target – DASH Configuration
- Commvault Feature - Offline Mining
- Commvault Feature - Reference Copy
- Lotus Notes
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Virtual Server Agent Proxy
- Windows OnePass
- Linux OnePass
- Unix OnePass
- Exchange OnePass
- NAS OnePass or Archiver
- IntelliSnap NAS
- IntelliSnap Lotus Notes
- IntelliSnap MS Exchange
- IntelliSnap VSA Proxy
- Standard Report Configuration – Chargeback (requires advanced reporting or Cloud Metrics reporting)
BAND 3: COMMVAULT® SOFTWARE COMPONENTS, ADVANCED APPLICATIONS, AND INTELLISNAP® AGENTS – SELECT UP TO A TOTAL OF 10
Default Band Selections – 3 Microsoft SQL
Multiple selections of the same activity allowed.
- CommServe – DR
- Commvault Feature – Adv. Reporting (Metrics Reporting Server)
- NDMP Clients
- Web Search Server
- Microsoft SQL
- Compliance Archiver (Exchange/Notes)
- Lotus Notes Archiver
- SharePoint Archiver
- IntelliSnap MS SQL
- IntelliSnap Filesystem
BAND 4: DATABASE AND DATABASE INTELLISNAP® AGENTS – SELECT UP TO A TOTAL OF 4
Default Band Selections – 4 MySQL
Multiple selections of the same activity allowed.
- Commvault Feature – Search Engine
- Commvault Feature – Web Self-Service
- IntelliSnap DB2
- IntelliSnap Oracle
- IntelliSnap SAP for Oracle
BAND 5: ADVANCED DATABASE AND SAP – SELECT UP TO A TOTAL OF 2
Default Band Selections – 2 Oracle
Multiple selections of the same activity allowed.
- SAP for Oracle/MaxDB
Subject to the customer satisfying “Customer Responsibilities” specified further below, Commvault estimates that it will complete the onsite services engagement within 3 weeks during normal business hours after the actual start date. See Table 1 for example work structure and estimates. Service is performed on consecutive days starting on Monday or Tuesday within Commvault business hours. Once services commence, they may not be rescheduled or delayed by the customer. If additional days are necessary to complete the services, the customer may purchase such additional days at agreed to rates.
|TIMELINE||ESTIMATED TASKS & ACTIVITIES|
Kick-off call with the customer and Commvault facilitated by Project Management resource.
Prior to the start of any services associated with this engagement, the Consulting Engineer will complete an initial validation of the environment to confirm engagement readiness (offsite)
Project Management resource schedules meetings and delivers status as appropriate
Meet with the customer to ensure that the environment and operational implementation requirements such as hardware, software, and infrastructure are met
Meet with the customer and complete whiteboard design
Meet with the customer to provide the implementation plan
Meet with the customer to schedule the engagement’s configuration tasks
Install and configure Commvault CommServe(s) & MediaAgent(s) software using latest Commvault Media Kit with the latest major service pack
Configure Single Sign On for Active Directory authentication and appropriate permissions for users designated by the customer who need to login to the Commvault platform
Configure data protection storage targets
Configure storage (deduplication enabled if customer purchased) and schedule policies
Install and configure agents per scope limits
Continue agent installation(s) and configuration(s)
|Day 5 Remote||
Begin “As Built” documentation
Note: AS-BUILT represents the Commvault configuration as it was installed & configured by Commvault Consulting. It does not include and it is not a replacement for Architectural Design Guides, Wellness, Healthcheck, Training Manual, or Runbooks
Continue agent installation(s) and configuration(s) from the previous week
Conduct a basic product Functional Overview to familiarize the customer with the Commvault software, demonstrating the normal operations as installed in the customer’s environment
Configure health and metrics data sent to cloud.commvault.com
Create login for cloud.commvault.com and provide overview of the site
Verify Maintenance Advantage access and provide overview of the site
Introduce the customer to Commvault documentation site
Configure email for CommCell alerting and reporting per default schedules. Disable default alerts per the customer’s request
|Day 10 Remote||
Continue “As Built” documentation
Continue agent installations from previous week
Install database agents, advanced database agent, and/or SAP agent
|Day 15 Remote||
Finish the “As Built” documentation and deliver to the customer for project completion
- Provide a minimum of one dedicated technical resource with system administration responsibilities and required system access privileges to perform this service outlined in the service brief
- The customer will allow Commvault Consulting Services to perform all tasks and activities
- Make appropriate system maintenance window(s) available for Commvault (or authorized agents) as needed during normal business hours
- The customer will complete the Commvault Pre-Engagement Questionnaire as electronically provided to the customer’s primary project contact. Services are not scheduled until this online questionnaire is completed and returned to Commvault
- Ensure all environment and operational requirements are met prior to implementation
- Provide access to the customer’s systems and networks as necessary to perform the services during normal business hours, or at mutually agreed times
- Provide support from technical support teams for all vendors and third parties as necessary
- Assume all responsibility for external network connectivity, performance, and configuration issues
- Verify the equipment location (work site) is prepared to perform the engagement services
- Provide basic configuration information for network and authentication requirements
- Provide installed and tested power, network, and telephone connections including WAN connectivity. All networking related issues will be remanded to the customer’s Network Administration Group
- Provide an environment that there are no KNOWN gross defects with the media and hardware associated with the solution proposed by Commvault
- Complete a backup of all legacy data prior to the commencement of the services
- Setting policies, configurations and rules (i.e. data retention schedules and frequency) for the system
CUSTOMER SITE PREPARATION REQUIREMENT ASSUMPTIONS
- Commvault assumes that the customer has contracted for hardware installation support, and that this installation will be completed prior to the start of any software integration effort associated with this engagement
- Customer personnel, only, will complete the following outlined tasks:
- Storage Target (disk / tape) connectivity per Commvault specifications available at documentation.commvault.com at each Data Center location for connection to the Commvault MediaAgent(s);
- HBA installation for Commvault MediaAgent, including vendor recommended drivers for the MediaAgent’s OS
- Physical connection of tape and disk devices to the MediaAgent(s) at each Data Center;
- Installation of tape media in tape libraries / drives AND / OR formatting of disk volumes associated with Commvault Disk Libraries at each site
- Provision of appropriate Administrator access to the proposed CommServe(s), MediaAgent(s), iDataAgent(s) at each Data Center.
SERVICE SCOPE EXCLUSIONS/CHANGES
Any additions or changes to engagement scope must be stated in a separate Commvault Change Request Form (CRF) detailing the changes, and the impact on pricing, and schedule.
Only the services explicitly set forth above are included in this engagement. The following services are specifically excluded:
- Modification of the customer’s application software
- Multiple, basic installation services requiring project management services
- Development of personalization solutions including scripting, workflows, or QCommands
- Testing requiring more than 1 day of Commvault effort
- All iDataAgents not listed in scope defined above and specifically (and not limited to)
- The customer required to perform activities (ie.”drive the keyboard”) instead of Commvault Consulting Services
- Customer training
- As-Built documentation is a snapshot of the installed configuration by the Commvault Consultant and is not an architectural, wellness, healthcheck, training manual, or runbook
Typical options for risk remediation include:
- Reduce scope to meet project timeline
- Project Change Request (PCR) to purchase additional Commvault personnel project days
- Service and T&M Fee Invoicing Schedule
- The services described in this Services Brief are delivered on consecutive days during Commvault’s normal business hours (8:00 A.M.–6:00 P.M. local time, M–F, excluding Commvault and local holidays)
- Invoices are issued upon Commvault’s receipt and approval of the customer’s purchase order
- The customer authorizes Commvault to invoice for and shall pay additional amounts related to performance outside Commvault’s normal business hours or consecutive days
Delays in the provision of the defined services stemming from lack of access to host(s), Data Center(s), or personnel deemed critical to the completion of the engagement. Commvault shall have no liability for consequential or special damages, including lost profits or loss of data. In no event shall Commvault’s liability exceed the amount paid for these services. The purchase of software, if any, is not contingent on the completion of the services.
Commvault QuickStart Advanced is a packaged implementation, configuration, and whiteboard session delivered by Commvault Professional Services. Included in the package are an onsite consultative whiteboard session, AS-BUILT documentation, mandatory Commvault components and the customer may choose tasks among (5) categories to tailor the implementation to their needs. Tasks will be accomplished onsite and remote with a fixed effort of 15 contiguous days. All travel and expenses are included. For more information please refer to the Services Brief.
ED-TR-UNIT – 95 EDUCATION TRAINING UNITS (RECOMMENDED)
Unit of Training toward any Instructor-Led Training (ILT) courses conducted at a public facility, or toward any virtual ILTs (vILT) or any self-paced Web-Based Training (WBT) products. See Commvault Education Services for all course descriptions, schedules, WBT products, and training credit requirements.