Solution Brief: Back up to Google Cloud
Improve your data resiliency and recoverability. Remove legacy backup hardware and tape.
Take advantage of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) to streamline backup and recovery
GCP + Commvault create a compelling reason to move your backup to the cloud. Migration is simple with Commvault’s native GCP integration. Commvault’s powerful data management solution makes sure your data is ready and available for compliance requirements and protected from ransomware threats. It simplifies backup while reducing costs and improving reliability.
Move and manage your data across all GCP storage
Easily move your data to GCP Regional, Multi-Regional, Nearline and Coldline storage containers, depending on your needs. Native integration eliminates the need for cloud connectors and speeds migration.
Don’t refresh another tape library, replace it
Cloud is the new tape. It eliminates tape libraries and third-party records companies. It frees up resources and brings agility and scale to your backup and recovery — and it improves the reliability of your backups. Use GCP + Commvault to replace tape libraries.
Avoid that next legacy storage forklift upgrade
Cloud also eliminates legacy backup hardware and unpredictable and expensive forklift upgrades that come with it. Put an end to large storage purchases and gain the flexibility and scale of the cloud. GCP + Commvault helps you modernize your backup.
Simplify your long-term retention with GCP + Commvault: Be ready to recover quickly
From a single interface, Commvault delivers comprehensive data management capabilities including backup and recovery, archive, eDiscovery and Ransomware protection — capabilities tightly integrated with Google cloud storage. You set the backup policies — including Coldline for maximum cost effectiveness — and Commvault software does the rest.
Simplified backup to Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
With GCP + Commvault, you’ll have the confidence of knowing that all workloads and applications are protected and recoverable — no workload will be left behind — you’ll know your data is ready when you need it.
Commvault’s unmatched workload coverage includes:
Why make the move to Google Cloud Platform + Commvault?
- One platform to manage all of your backup requirements. Remove point solutions that drive up costs — gain a single view into all data. Easily move your data to GCP Regional, Multi-Regional, Nearline and Coldline storage containers, depending on your needs.
- Commvault software is designed to work seamlessly with GCP. Native GCP integration eliminates cloud connectors and gateways.
- Eliminate unreliable and fragile physical tape. Can you really depend on “the truck” to protect your data?
- Save hours and hours of administrative time. Automation and orchestration eliminate manual tasks.
- Free yourself from legacy hardware lock-in. Avoid the high cost of forklift upgrades and continual hardware purchases.
- Commvault ransomware protection improves threat and risk mitigation with foundation and application hardening, pre-emptive alerts, incident remediation and reporting. AI-driven analytics provide greater confidence in data backup, recovery and compliance. Streamline backup and recovery for Google Cloud File Store and G-Suite.