Solution brief: Long-term data retention with AWS
Rid yourself of costly physical tape and legacy storage. Modernize with simplified backup to AWS.
Improve your long-term retention by moving to the cloud
AWS + Commvault move your long-term retention to the cloud quickly and easily. Migration is simple with Commvault’s native AWS integration. Commvault’s powerful data management solution makes sure your data is ready and available for compliance requirements and protected from ransomware threats. Plus, you gain the advantage of lower costs with cloud economics.
Don’t refresh another tape library, replace it
Cloud is the new tape. It eliminates tape libraries and third-party records companies. It frees up resources and brings agility and scale to your backup and recovery—and it improves the reliability of your backups.
Avoid that next legacy storage forklift upgrade
Cloud also eliminates legacy backup hardware and unpredictable and expensive forklift upgrades that come with it. Put an end to large storage purchases and gain the flexibility and scale of the cloud.
Simplify your long-term retention with AWS + Commvault: Be ready to recover quickly
From a single interface, Commvault delivers comprehensive data management capabilities including backup and recovery, archive, eDiscovery and Ransomware protection—capabilities tightly integrated with Amazon cloud storage. You set the backup policies— including deep archive for maximum cost effectiveness—and Commvault software does the rest.
Simplified backup to AWS
With AWS + Commvault, you’ll have the confidence of knowing that all workloads and applications are protected and recoverable — no workload will be left behind —you’ll know your data is ready when you need it.
Commvault’s unmatched workload coverage includes:
Why make the move to AWS + Commvault?
- One platform to manage all of your backup requirements. Remove point solutions that drive up costs — gain a single view into all data.
- Commvault software is designed to work seamlessly with AWS. Native AWS integration eliminates cloud connectors and gateways.
- Eliminate unreliable and fragile physical tape. Can you really depend on “the truck” to protect your data?
- Save hours and hours of administrative time. Automation and orchestration eliminate manual tasks.
- Free yourself from legacy hardware lock-in. Avoid the high cost of forklift upgrades and benefit from cloud elasticity.
- Commvault ransomware protection improves threat and risk mitigation with foundation and application hardening, pre-emptive alerts, incident remediation and reporting. AI-driven analytics provide greater confidence in data backup, recovery and compliance.