Resource Library - Datasheet and Brochure
Take Back Control with Copy Data Management (CDM)
You’re under pressure to achieve revenue goals quicker, be more agile, and make faster and better decisions. This is driving you to accelerate dev/test cycles, migrate data to the cloud, and improve reporting and analytics. To accomplish this, you need faster access to fresh copies of production data (copy data) to support these use cases.
Number of copies organizations must store and manage1
Amount of storage space consumed by copy data2
Managing this copy data increases storage costs and complexity, especially if you’re using separate tools to create, store, and move different copies. And given the time-consuming task of provisioning fresh copies of data, your teams may resort to using ‘stale’ data, impacting the quality of testing or your ability to make timely decisions.
TAKE BACK CONTROL
Controlling, managing, and reducing the size of growing copies is critical. For your teams to succeed, you must also provide self-service access to secure copy data to enable scalability as capacities increase, granular-level recoverability regardless of where the data resides, and flexibility across a wide array of applications.
With Commvault's copy data management solution, providing automation and management for the full lifecycle of your copy data – whether it lives on-premises or in the cloud – is easy. You’ll speed dev/test efforts to enable faster time-to-market, simplify the migration of copy data to the cloud to improve business agility, and promote better decision-making.
- Policy-based automation provides dev/test teams with secure and self-serve access to fresh copy data when and where it’s needed
- Automatically eliminate copy data that’s no longer needed, which optimizes storage
MIGRATE TO THE CLOUD
- Native cloud integration with uniquely broad application3, storage array4, and cloud storage provider5 support
- Seamlessly migrate app data to, from, and between clouds (no gateway required)
- Run workloads in the cloud and recover within the cloud
IMPROVE DATA ANALYTICS
- Immediate access to fresh business data for analytics and reporting using self-service, policy-based automation
- Enhance business agility and accelerate decision-making, improving time-to-value
WHY YOU SHOULD CARE6
Reduction in admin hours to create a database copy for dev/test
Reduction in size of secondary storage footprint
Reduction in admin hours for cloud provisioning and cloud data management
Improvement in analytics coverage
- Gartner, Innovation Insight: Copy Data Management Accelerates Bimodal IT, July 2016
- IDC Flash, Copy Data Management is Not Management of Copy Data, June 2016
- The Business Value of Commvault Software IDC 2016 US40773815