The most complete WMware protection and management solution
Commvault software enables organizations to go beyond data protection to provide full Cloud & VM Lifecycle Management with:
- Flexible data protection — Right-size data protection methodologies for VMware environments to achieve SLAs with confidence without overspending.
- Instant VM recovery with new VM “Live Options” — including live browse, live file restore, live VM restore.
- Self-service access and management of VMs — end-user self-service provisioning and management, auto-discovery & protection, & robust reporting including chargeback capabilities.
- Cost-effective disaster recovery — Leverage any tier of infrastructure from internal resources to public cloud to bring DR to every application that needs it.
- Automated VM archiving — Helps reclaim resources for redeployment while providing long-term archived VM data retention.
- Accelerated test/dev — Enables self-service resource provisioning and management and automated VM retirement to help.
Every VM goes through a lifecycle across deployment, management, optimization, protection and retirement. Get one solution to manage every phase with Commvault software. Commvault® software’s Virtual Server Agent (VSA) helps you gain new efficiency out of your VMware virtual infrastructure with the most advanced VMware data protection and management solutions available today. Commvault software scales seamlessly to support the most demanding enterprise deployments running VMware virtual infrastructure.
Scalable data protection and recovery for VMware
- Manage data across physical & virtual environments with a single, integrated solution.
- Protect hundreds of VMs in minutes with IntelliSnap® technology for heterogeneous management of array-based hardware snapshots.
- Leverage enterprise class, global deduplication and features like Changed Block Tracking (CBT) to enable smart protection strategies infrastructure, using fewer hardware resources than traditional backup or point products.
- Scale to protect thousands of VMs across the enterprise using commodity servers and storage.
- Application integrated protection ensures application consistency and rapid application recovery within VMs including granular recovery for certain applications.
- Recover VMs instantly with new “Live Recovery” options, including Live Browse, Live File Restore and Live VM Restore.
Automated VM archiving
Reduce VM sprawl, increase VM platform utilization and ultimately save money on extra server, storage and networking hardware.
VM lifecycle management
- Provide self-service admin management access for VM provisioning, backup, and recovery with customizable configuration limits, expiration dates, and much more.
- Normalize management of virtual machines across multiple VM and cloud platforms (Hyper-V, VMware and AWS) with a web-based portal.
- Achieve operational excellence with custom reporting options that deliver summary, dashboard, and instrumentation level reporting on the entire environment, not just the backups.
- Leave no VM unprotected with automated VM discovery.
- Deliver IT as a service with chargeback reporting, workflow automation and self-service access.
Disaster recovery using public, private, or hybrid cloud
- Bring DR to workloads that have never had it before by eliminating the need for identical hardware.
- Reduce the complexity of extending workloads to cloud infrastructure using DASH Copy, Virtualize Me, and Workflow Automation.
- Accelerate DR and DR testing with automated, replicated VM backups to cloud.
Key capabilities and benefits
|Ease of Install and simple, streamlined manageability||New VM backup and recovery and cloud management solution sets delivers rapid installation, simplified management for VM Data Protection, advanced reporting functionality via cloud-based metrics and key event monitoring and alerting.|
|IntelliSnap® for virtual servers||Protect 100’s of virtual machines (VMs) in minutes. Create rapid fire, policy-based persistent HW snapshots that deliver near instant recovery of VMs.|
|Embedded source-side deduplication||Reduce backup windows and eliminate redundant backup data sets with Commvault’s industry leading deduplication technology.|
|Enhanced auto protection & filtering of Virtual Machines||Guarantee protection for VMs across the enterprise with fully customizable VM discovery, filtering, and catch-all protection policies.|
|Incremental forever backups with DASH technology||Dramatically reduce the backup window and maximize resource utilization and efficiency by leveraging deduplication-aware replication technology to implement an incremental forever backup strategy.|
|“Virtualize Me” technology||Accelerate disaster recovery operations by leveraging the virtual infrastructure on the DR site with “Virtualize Me”. Pair this feature with DASH copy for seamless, cost-effective disaster recovery to a vCloud-based public or private cloud.|
|Application aware & consistent data protection||Deep application level awareness ensures virtualized applications have application consistent and rapidly recoverable data protection.|
|Rapid recoverability with hardware snapshots||Meet tier one and business critical application slas for recovery points (rpo) and time (rto) by leveraging fully cataloged, fully searchable array-based snapshot copies.|
|Extensive recovery options & granularity||Single interface enables recovery of files, volumes, applications or full vms from either a snapshot or a deduplicated backup copy, including the ability to boot and run from a backup copy, to streamline recovery operations across the environment.|
|Web console for self- service provisioning & Web console for self- data access||Streamline operations and accelerate access to data with self-service options for provisioning, backup, & recovery of vms, applications, and data.|
|vCenter plug-in and web console||streamline operations and accelerate access to data with self-service options for recovery of vms applications and data.|
|Workflow automation||Streamline operations by automating repetitive or highly complex tasks.|
|Broad VMware support options||vSphere 3.5, 4.0, 4.1, 5.0, 5.1, 5.5; vCloud Director 5.1, 5.5|
There are multiple ways to buy the VM Lifecycle Management solutions – including VM Backup and Recovery and VM and Cloud Management available in Commvault software. They can be purchased through our capacity licensing (per TB) options, or as a stand alone package purchased on a per socket of per 10 pack of VMs basis.