Multi-Cloud Disaster Recovery
Are you ready?
In today’s digital age, disaster is always one click away. Fast, reliable multi-cloud disaster recovery – made possible by Commvault.
Executive Cloud Survey:
Sixty-seven percent of surveyed IT leaders say disaster recovery is the cloud project most impactful to their business.
Automate multi-cloud disaster recovery for today’s business demands
Multi-cloud disaster recovery needs speed, agility and granularity. Different cloud workloads have different demands. It can seem nearly impossible to align all of them at times.
Commvault software helps you build custom recovery workflows to reduce manual effort and minimize human error.
- Quickly spin up cloud storage, data and policies
- Choose the type, source, target and location of your data
- Determine the best route for continuity -- full recovery or rebuilding and repopulating data
- Recover both the state and data inside hypervisors
- Meet multiple, different RTO and RPO targets
Whether your challenge is a natural disaster, ransomware attack or human error, Commvault gives you the power and control to handle disaster recovery situations.
Disaster Recovery In the Cloud
Recover cloud-native workloads within their cloud, across cloud regions or from another cloud. Cloud-first organizations need the choice for rapid recovery within the cloud.
Disaster Recovery To the Cloud
Launch cloud capacity when you have a disaster recovery event, then turn off the cloud use when you are recovered. Failover operations to the cloud for long-term business continuity.
Multi-cloud data migration
Migrate data to, from and between clouds with ease. Native integration with clouds and data encryption means fast, secure migration for your applications, databases, virtual machines and large data sets.
Disaster Recovery From the Cloud
Initiate cloud-based backups for on-premises recovery requirements. Flexibly use cloud-based workloads for granular recovery or large-scale availability needs.
Disaster Recovery Across Clouds
Use cloud-based workloads, regardless of which cloud – or clouds - store the data. Be prepared with recovery across cloud providers or between multiple cloud geographic regions.
“If we have an 8.0 or 9.0 earthquake, we're going to lose the network and all our data centers. With AWS and Azure, if we did lose all our infrastructure and critical facilities, we can spin up applications in the cloud and give our users access.”
‐ Jon Walton, CIO, County of San Mateo, Calif.
recovery for today’s business
automate disaster recovery workflows with tested cloud management policies
set and manage multiple RTO and RPOs tiers, distinct for different application groups, saving effort and budget
understand current status with built-in alerting, monitoring and reporting
initiate either a planned or unplanned failover while prioritizing what is most important to the business -- recovery time or data types
efficiently replicate data, saving time and bandwidth, especially with cloud-to-cloud disaster recovery
Reduce Costs and Accelerate Recovery with Multi-Cloud Disaster Recovery
Save time, budget and efficiency by managing your multi-cloud disaster recovery strategy with Commvault. Align your organization’s unique data needs with your own custom business-continuity plan.
- Speed up work by starting in your public cloud interface. Native integration means backup and recovery jobs can run from the cloud interface or your Commvault Command Center.
- Choose your fastest continuity route -- full recovery or rebuild and populate data.
- Reduce costs with power management - automatically power on Commvault cloud-hosted agents for backup, restore or pruning, and gracefully power down resources when the job is complete.
Best of all, reduce the cost of maintaining multiple point technologies. Consolidate and streamline your on-premises and cloud-based disaster recovery strategy with a single point of management.
Multi-cloud disaster recovery can have different RTO and RPO targets in order to meet different SLAs for applications, databases, virtual machines and other workloads.
Multi-cloud disaster recovery with hypervisor flexibility
Your environment changes quickly. Be prepared for multi-cloud disaster recovery from your ever-changing hypervisor stack. Commvault supports:
- gentless API integration with the hypervisor for lower RPOs
- flexibility to replicate and recover to both like and unlike hypervisors
- protection of native cloud workloads for compliance with SLAs
With Commvault you can manage data across on-premises data centers, public and private clouds - becoming an agile IT organization with consistent, strategic data management practices.