Myths Busted: Make Sure You’re Addressing the RIGHT Things in Advance of GDPR Going Live
Title: Myths Busted: Make Sure You're Addressing the RIGHT Things in Advance of GDPR Going Live
Duration: 30 min.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) goes live May 25, with extreme fines -- up to €20 million or 4% of revenue -- for companies that don’t adequately safeguard personal information about customers and employees in Europe. Chances are you have been preparing for this day, although surveys indicate 50% of U.S. companies still face many challenges with GDPR compliance.
In this webinar, we'll quickly review the GDPR mandate, timeline and what's wrapped up in the required Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA). Plus, dig deep on items that might have been left off your GDPR checklist and dispel the 5 primary myths still swirling around GDPR:
- Personal data is easy to define, detect and prioritize
- We just need to focus on our structured data
- GDPR compliance can be owned by IT
- Finding data for disclosure or erasure is IT’s job
- Money spent on GDPR is simply wasted
FitzPatrick & Associates