AWS disaster recovery solution
Disaster recovery on demand on AWS
Comprehensive, cost effective disaster recovery in the cloud. Pay for what you need, when you need it.
Predictable, orchestrated disaster recovery in the cloud
Among the biggest challenges of implementing a disaster recovery strategy has been the cost of maintaining a secondary site, powered up and ready to go live at a moment’s notice. AWS + Commvault move and manage your disaster recovery into the cloud, eliminating the need for expensive secondary data centers or multi-year DR contracts. Built-in testing capabilities give you the peace of mind to know you’re ready for anything. When it comes to disaster recovery, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to keep your organization running — all without busting your budget.
Manage to your workloads’ desired RTO/RPO
Commvault’s policy-driven data platform manages the recovery time objective (RTO) and recovery point objective (RPO) requirements across your different tiers of workloads. You select the policies and Commvault software does the rest.
On-demand recovery — accelerated
Commvault DR orchestration keeps your data on low cost AWS storage until it’s time for monthly testing — or when you need to recover from an incident. Why pay for cloud services when you’re not using them? With Commvault, you’ll recover terabytes of data and hundreds of servers in hours, not days. Testing your DR will be done in minutes, not hours. And when you’re done, Commvault orchestration will automate the failback process to get you ready for the next test or event — without the risk of human error.
AI and in-depth analytics monitor your risk profile and data pool. Alerts warn you of potential ransomware/malware attacks so you can quickly isolate the attack, minimizing any impact. Automation reduces risk of human error and foundation and application hardening halts attacks in their tracks. With Commvault ransomware protection, both you and your data will be ready.
Simplified, tiered AWS disaster recovery options
Commvault DR orchestration provides tiered, policy driven automation. You set the policies, and Commvault software does the rest:
Restore from AWS S3 backup
- Optimized for low cost
- Tier 3 workloads
- Medium/high RPO
- Medium/high RTO
- Balance of speed & cost
- Tier 2 workloads
- Medium/high RPO
- Low RTO
Continuous data replicator
- Optimized for speed
- Tier 1 workloads
- Low RPO
- Low RTO
What makes the AWS + Commvault solution unique and powerful?
- Simplified approach to DR. Lower cost and complexity — gain a single view into all data.
- Migration and replication directly onto AWS. No need for cloud connectors, gateways or costly proprietary hardware.
- Power management: Only power up resources as needed — power down when finished. Significantly lower cloud compute costs.
- Automated and orchestrated DR testing. Reduce the risk of human error by eliminating scripting.
- Built-in comprehensive ransomware protection. Limit disruption and damage to the business.
- Commvault deduplication reduces data sent to AWS. Speeds up transmission & recovery times, lowers storage costs.