Commvault for Microsoft® Azure Cloud
Microsoft’s Azure public cloud is an ever-expanding set of cloud services that provides you with the freedom to build, manage and deploy applications and data quickly, using your favorite tools and frameworks. It offers virtualization, compute and storage services all within a single environment.
As your cloud infrastructure evolves, you need a Azure backup and disaster recovery solution that’s evolving with it. Commvault’s enterprise-proven data protection provides the ability to protect, migrate and replicate your on-premises data to Azure for compliance and Disaster Recovery, as well as allowing you to easily move your data to other cloud providers and even back on-premises. It covers both managed and unmanaged VMs within Azure; is compatible with all Azure Blob Storage tiers (helping to minimize costs); while deduplication and Changed Block Tracking (CBT) help to optimize performance and bandwidth utilization. Native snapshot support can help in driving lower Recovery Point Objectives (RPOs) and Recovery Time Objectives (RTOs).
- Robust backup and recovery solution highly-integrated with Microsoft® Azure Cloud Platform services
- Data protection and recovery of workloads to, in, and across public clouds
- Reduce costs with storage tiering, deduplication, and power management
- Data migration and conversion from on-premises Virtual Machines (VMs) and other cloud instances to Azure
- Disaster Recovery (DR) with failover and failback support both to and from Azure
Native integration with Azure enables robust functionality
Commvault® software’s deep integration with Azure helps ensure that protecting your cloud, hybrid, or multi-cloud environment is as simple and seamless as with your on-premises environment. An easy-to-use, web-based management console allows you to manage your entire environment, helping reduce the administrative burden on your IT team. And whether your data is running in Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) or Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), Commvault software provides extensive support for all your data protection and recovery operations, with a robust feature set:
- Commvault’s Virtual Server Agent (VSA) provides agentless protection of both managed and non-managed VMs
- Granular file recovery of data contained inside your VMs
- Application-aware protection for many enterprise applications residing in your VMs, included Azure SQL
- Snapshot integration with Changed Block Tracking (CBT) for efficiency and cost control
- Easy conversion and migration of other VM formats to Azure Stack
- Disaster recovery of VMs with failover and failback between on-premises and Azure Cloud
- Deduplication, compression and encryption to reduce your data storage footprint and help ensure security
- Power management of your protection infrastructure to help minimize costs
- Data protection and recovery for Azure Blob storage
- Scalable and flexible to expand easily as your Azure environment grows
Global management and proactive monitoring for efficiency
Commvault’s longtime partnership with Microsoft provides us with a solid technical foundation that will help you mitigate risk and gain more control over your data. Our Commvault Command Center™ – a centralized, web-based management console – allows you to easily manage both on-premises and cloud-based data and deploy centralized policies that help ensure proper data governance and compliance.
- Software-based solution offers flexible deployment options
- Intuitive management interface reduces learning curve and deployment complexity
- The role-based Commvault Command Center™ allows you to protect, monitor, and recover on-premises, in Azure Stack, in multiple Azure regions, and even across multiple clouds.
- Automatic power management of cloud components helps to minimize costs
Data protection highlights
- “Incremental Forever” data protection using Changed File Tracking (CFT)
- Automatic discovery of shares
- Self-service recovery for end users
- Consolidated management platform simplifies multi-file share protection
- Comprehensive alerting and reporting with an easy-to-use, centralized management console
- Get more business value from your protected data through Commvault Activate™
- Automatically discover and protect Nutanix Files shares (CIFS or NFS)
- Scale data protection platform seamlessly as workload grows
- Leverage Commvault’s built-in compression, deduplication and encryption for your protected data
- Create offsite retention copies using Commvault’s built-in copy management
- Recover data securely to any recovery platform
Reduce your Azure costs with the Commvault data protection platform
Commvault’s innovative features help you get a better handle on both cost and complexity.
- Unlike many competing products, Commvault allows you to leverage compression and deduplication when storing backups in Azure Blob Storage, helping you reduce storage costs.
- Need to move large data sets into or out of Azure? Commvault’s integration with Azure Data Box allows you to utilize data appliances instead of relying on expensive network bandwidth.
- Commvault’s Power Management features can automatically power-down MediaAgents when not in use, and power them up as required for data protection of recovery operations. This helps minimize CPU usage and reduces your Azure VM costs.
- By leveraging Commvault’s intuitive, policy-driven data protection capabilities, you can minimize time and effort costs. With Commvault’s comprehensive reporting, alerting, and auditing capabilities, there’s no need for home-grown scripts or complex scheduling mechanisms, affording peace of mind that’s not easily found elsewhere.
Simplified deployment and administration
- Software-based solution offers flexible deployments options.
- Commvault HyperScale™ technology can simplify data protection platform deployment in a scale-out environment.
- Single, intuitive management interface accelerates learning and reduces deployment complexity
Flexible and easy-to-use
As a software-based solution, Commvault provides extreme flexibility in deployment options. Commvault also offers an integrated solution with its HyperScale™ Technology platform that combines all aspects of the data protection solution in a scale-out system. Commvault can also be deployed as a completely virtual or cloud-based data protection platform to meet the unique needs of your business. A single, intuitive, role-based management interface consolidates all configuration, management and reporting tools into a browser-based portal. This simplifies ongoing management, reduces your administrative burden and increases both speed and responsiveness.
Be ready … with Commvault
You rely on Azure to help simplify and extend your data center infrastructure. Commvault lets you extend that simplicity to data protection, management and recovery with a fully-integrated Azure solution that can help you meet your unique data protection needs, both now and in the future.