Commvault for Microsoft® Azure Cloud
- Robust backup and recovery solution highly-integrated with Microsoft® Azure Cloud Platform (Azure) services
- Data protection and recovery of workloads to, in, and across public clouds
- Reduce costs with storage tiering, deduplication, and power management
- Data migration and conversion from on-premises Virtual Machines (VMs) and other cloud instances to Azure
- Disaster Recovery (DR) with failover and failback support both to and from Azure
Microsoft’s Azure public cloud is an ever-expanding set of cloud services that provides you with the freedom to build, manage, and deploy applications and data quickly, using your favorite tools and frameworks. It offers virtualization, compute, and storage services all within a single environment. As your cloud infrastructure evolves, you need a backup and recovery solution that’s evolving with it. Commvault’s enterprise-proven data protection provides the ability to protect, migrate, and replicate your on-premises data to Azure for compliance and Disaster Recovery, as well as allowing you to easily move your data to other cloud providers and even back on-premises. It covers both managed and unmanaged VMs within Azure; is compatible with all Azure Blob Storage tiers (helping to minimize costs); while deduplication and Changed Block Tracking (CBT) help to optimize performance and bandwidth utilization. Native snapshot support can help in driving lower Recovery Point Objectives (RPOs) and Recovery Time Objectives (RTOs).
Native integration with Azure enables robust functionality
Commvault® software’s deep integration with Azure helps ensure that protecting your cloud – or hybrid –environment is as simple and seamless as with an on-premises environment. Commvault Command Center™ – an easy-to-use, web-based management console allows you to administer your on-prem, public cloud, and hybrid environments, helping reduce the administrative burden on your IT team. And whether your data is running in Infrastructure as-a-Service (IaaS) or Platform as-a-Service (PaaS), Commvault software provides extensive support for all your data protection and recovery operations, with a robust feature set:
- Commvault’s Virtual Server Agent (VSA) provides agentless protection of both managed and non-managed VMs
- Granular file recovery of data contained inside VMs
- Application-aware protection for many enterprise applications residing in your VMs
- Snapshot integration with Changed Block Tracking (CBT) for efficiency and cost control
- Easy conversion and migration of other VM formats to Azure Stack
- Disaster recovery of VMs with failover and failback between on premises and Azure Cloud
- Application protection for Platform as a Service (PaaS) applications such as Azure SQL
- Deduplication, compression, and encryption
- Power management of your protection infrastructure to help minimize costs
- Azure Blob data protection and recovery
- Scalable and flexible to expand easily as your Azure environment grows
Global management and proactive monitoring
Commvault’s longtime partnership with Microsoft provides us with a solid technical foundation that will help you mitigate risk and gain more control over your data. Our Commvault Command Center™ – a centralized, web-based management console – allows you to easily manage both on-premises and cloud-based data and deploy centralized policies to help ensure proper data governance and compliance.
- Software-based solution offers flexible deployments options.
- Intuitive management interface reduces learning curve and deployment complexity.
- Commvault Command Center – an easy-to-use, web-based admin console allows you to protect, monitor and recover on-premises, in Azure Stack, and in multiple Azure region workloads.
- Automatic power management of components in cloud when not in use helps to minimize costs.
Reduce your Azure costs with the Commvault data protection platform
Commvault’s innovative features help you get a better handle on both cost and complexity:
- Unlike many competing products, Commvault allows you to leverage compression and deduplication when storing backups in Azure Blob Storage, helping reduce your Azure storage costs.
- Need to move large data sets into or out of Azure? Commvault’s integration with Azure Data Box allows you to utilize data appliances instead of relying on expensive network bandwidth.
- Commvault’s Power Management features can automatically power-down MediaAgents when not in use, and power them up as required for data protection or recovery operations. This helps minimize CPU consumption and reduces your Azure VM costs.
- By leveraging Commvault’s intuitive, policy-driven data protection capabilities, you can minimize time and effort costs. With Commvault’s comprehensive reporting, alerting, and auditing capabilities, there’s no need for home-grown scripts or complex scheduling mechanisms, affording peace of mind that’s not easily found elsewhere.
Flexible and easy-to-use
As a software-based solution, Commvault provides extreme flexibility in deployment options. Commvault also offers an integrated solution with its HyperScale™ Technology platform that combines all aspects of the data protection platform in a scale-out system. Commvault can also be deployed as a completely virtual or cloud-based protection platform, depending on the needs of your business. A single, intuitive management interface consolidates all configuration, management, and reporting tools into a web-based portal, simplifying ongoing management and greatly reducing your administrative burden.
You rely on Azure to simplify and extend your data center infrastructure. Commvault lets you extend that simplicity to data protection with a fully-integrated Azure solution that can help you meet your unique data protection needs, both now and in the future.