Reduce both cost and risk while improving business uptime and access to information thanks to Simpana software's deep integration with Microsoft® Exchange Server®. As an award-winning Microsoft technology partner, Commvault works closely with Microsoft to deliver application-aware data protection for full database restore and granular, message level recovery of Exchange environments. Single-platform Simpana software helps you control the size of your Exchange data store and, thanks to integrated archiving, eliminates the headaches of bloated mailboxes, .pst files and quota management.
You can provide secure, self-service recovery of e-mail messages from backup or archive, including seamless access through Outlook via a plug-in or through a web console. As a result, your end-users can get their data faster and you can reduce the time spent on managing Exchange data. With flexible configurations to meet your unique SLAs, Simpana software delivers a holistic, efficient solution to achieve all of your Exchange backup, recovery, archive or reporting needs.
Benefits of Integrating Simpana® Software with Microsoft® Exchange Server®
- Simplify platform migrations with extensive backward compatibility and Exchange release independence
- Analyze, profile and understand your Exchange framework for better policy management
- Archive stale and infrequently accessed data to cost-effective secondary storage including disk, tape or the cloud for a faster, trimmer, better performing Exchange server
- Recover at an object level, with near-zero production impact from application-consistent, cataloged snapshot copies and open systems storage
- Eliminate 90 percent of redundant data at the source with network efficient global deduplication
- Perform full text search across backup and archive data sets for straightforward compliance and legal hold activities with integrated eDiscovery capabilities
- Deliver seamless access to archived e-mail within the Commvault ContentStore via the Outlook plug-in and a web console
- Reduce complexity and inefficiency and slash the combined time typically required to backup, archive and report by more than 50 percent with Simpana OnePass