Rackspace delivers fanatical support and growth in managed backup with Commvault.
- The Result
- Millionssaved in storage capex
- Increasedproductivity supporting faster growth
- Satisfactionlevels previously unattainable
- Rackspace needed infrastructure and functionality that could continue to manage explosive growth. Backup operations were taking days, rather than hours to complete and its legacy system was attempting to run all backup jobs at the same time, rather than in queue. A modern data protection solution that would accommodate integration with all leading storage platforms was needed.
At a glance
- More than 60% of the Fortune 100 trust Rackspace to host their workloads
- Rackspace is the No. 1 hosting provider for the top 1,000 Internet retailers
- 200,000 customers worldwide love Rackspace’s Fanatical Support
- Rackspace was named a Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader, Cloud-Enabled Managed Hosting, North America and Europe, 2014
Rackspace has benefited with cost savings in the millions of dollars by avoiding the need for more storage capex. Further, staff productivity has soared so that it can support rapid customer growth without the need to hire additional staff. Finally, Commvault’s ability to deliver faster restores has led to customer satisfaction levels that were previously unattainable, without having to face a “rip and replace” scenario
Commvault software provides us with the scalability we need to manage our ongoing growth. Although our customer base has grown 47 percent in the last four years, we haven’t had to add staff or incur capital expense at nearly that pace. We are ending this year with 10% more protected clients, and improved success rate without having to increase our Managed Backup Fanatical Support team.
Dawn Renee Campbell-Gonzalez
Senior Product Manager, Rackspace
Here are selections from our resource library, which includes a wide range of videos, customer case studies, datasheets, whitepapers and more to further explain how Commvault can help you make your data work for you.