Driving Data Management Innovation
CommVault and NetApp continue to demonstrate innovative leadership together, as evidenced by the hundreds of joint customers that enjoy our fully optimized disk-based data and information management solutions. These customers are positioned to better protect, manage and recover critical data anytime and anywhere.
On May 31, 2011, NetApp announced its NetApp SnapProtect® management software — the newest offering in the NetApp Integrated Data Protection (IDP) portfolio, which helps customers safeguard critical data, drive greater operational efficiencies and decrease overall costs. As part of the announcement, NetApp entered into a global OEM agreement with CommVault to leverage its industry leading Simpana software to provide SnapProtect® software.
CommVault and NetApp Joint Solution
Backup, Recovery, and Discovery — Simplified
Simpana software and NetApp storage solutions are integrated, enabling customers to significantly improve the speed, efficiency and simplicity of their backup and recovery operations. Using the combined solution, customers can:
Simplify backup and recovery tasks by consolidating management into a single interface
- CommVault software manages NetApp Snapshot creation and SnapVault/SnapMirror without the requirement for scripting
- CommVault software manages movement of NetApp Snapshot copies to tape
Complete physical and virtual infrastructure backup and recovery operations in minutes
- CommVault software uses NetApp Snapshots completing local backup and recovery in minutes, not hours
- CommVault software is integrated with leading application and virtualization products to provide a consistent backup image as well as granular recovery
Simplify eDiscovery and compliance requirements for backup and email archiving
- CommVault software catalogs and indexes all NetApp Snapshot copies for rapid search
- NetApp SnapLock can be leveraged to lock down volumes and files for compliance
Increase the efficiency for disaster recovery of third party storage systems
- CommVault software uses its replication technology to write data to a NetApp CIFS/NFS share
Reduce overall backup and recovery costs
- NetApp and CommVault software deliver storage efficiency on primary/secondary storage that eliminates 90% of redundant data
- NetApp thin replication and CommVault source-side deduplication significantly reduce network usage
NetApp creates innovative products—storage systems and software that help customers around the world store, manage, protect, and retain one of their most precious corporate assets: their data. They are recognized throughout the industry for continually pushing the limits of today’s technology so that their customers never have to choose between saving money and acquiring the capabilities they need to be successful.