SharePoint has rapidly become a critical business application with organizations of all sizes. Now, companies that rely on SharePoint require better ways to protect and manage their SharePoint environment to reduce risk, lower costs and improve productivity.
As an award winning Microsoft technology partner, Commvault ensures that single-platform Simpana software integrates seamlessly with SharePoint. As a result, Simpana software delivers rapid recovery of granular items for increased uptime and automates archiving to control SharePoint growth. It also provides the intuitive reporting organizations need to forecast storage growth and make informed decisions about data retention.
Benefits of Using Simpana® Software to Protect and Manage SharePoint® Ecosystems
- Optimize SharePoint operational efficiency and data access while delivering rapid, centralized protection across any storage tier, including snapshots, disk, tape and the cloud
- Save time and reduce storage related costs with rapid granular recovery of individual SharePoint documents, including different versions of files, sites, sub-sites and lists
- Enhance recovery-based service levels like RPO and RTO with automated, application-aware hardware snapshots using IntelliSnap™ technology
- Shorten backup windows, provide end-users transparent data retrieval, and reduce storage costs by seamlessly archiving SharePoint data to the ContentStore, the integrated virtual data repository for single platform Simpana software
- Deliver full text search across backup and archive data sets for straightforward compliance and legal hold activities with integrated eDiscovery capabilities
- Simplify platform migrations and upgrades with extensive backward compatibility and Microsoft release independence
- Enhance protection and recovery for SharePoint with the flexibility to meet your needs thanks to Farm, Site and Doc level backup approaches and multiple-version restore options