Reduce Cost, Risk and Complexity for Compliance, Legal and Information Governance Processes
Assuring litigation readiness and compliance with corporate governance policies is a critical mandate for most organizations. To help reduce risk and ensure compliance, Simpana software delivers a holistic and automated approach to retaining the right information across the enterprise and deleting it defensibly. With integrated collection across an industry-leading number of file systems and messaging applications, Simpana software eliminates the need for disparate, loosely integrated products reducing both complexity and cost from your environment.
Backup and archive data is stored within the Simpana ContentStore, an efficient, storage-agnostic virtual repository for all Simpana-managed information. Automated, content-based retention and built-in tiering ensures the right data is moved to the right storage at the right time. IT, legal departments and compliance teams are therefore able to centralize control and streamline discovery capabilities across all types of information—from the data center to the edge—solving pressing legal and compliance challenges.
Benefits in Simplifying Archive for Search and Compliance
- Retain, store, classify and access information according to its business, compliance or evidentiary value with content-based retention
- Manage data intelligently, automatically and cost-effectively throughout its lifecycle
- Simplify administration with a single data repository and a central deletion point
- Leverage a scalable and adaptable technology to keep pace with the business as it evolves
- Choose the best strategy earlier in the audit or litigation process by rapidly finding key evidence and assessing your position while monitoring costs
- Automate reporting for auditors to significantly reduce response times for an internal or external audit
Executive-Level Advice and Counsel
Industry leaders often look to third party experts to help them navigate the myriad requirements that must be considered when developing archive and records management strategies. CommVault consultants, as part of a Data Classification & Archive Policy Design engagement, help IT and business leaders to create a vision for modern, yet pragmatic, capabilities and prepare concise business-level recommendations for optimal compliance and archive environments. As part of the Records Management and eDiscovery Design offering, consultants will advise clients on mapping legal retention policy requirements to their storage, backup and archive environment and to formulate thorough processes for responding to eDiscovery requests.