Disaster recovery isn’t about if, but when
Whether you're hit by a natural disaster, hardware failure, data breach, or ransomware attack, you need to recover your data quickly and painlessly.
Disasters can happen to anyone, but being ready depends on you
As the importance and value of data grows, being ready to protect and recover that data is more vital than ever. Whether you’re hit by a natural disaster, hardware failure, human error, data breach, or ransomware attack your data is under constant threat.
You need your data back quickly, and with as little disruption as possible. Your disaster recovery readiness needs:
Ready for IT disaster recovery. Ready to secure data.
Of course, with true readiness, you should be able to see that your backup infrastructure is secure! Our simple, comprehensive disaster-recovery-readiness dashboard shows you where things are going well, and where you may need more work. This capability makes it easy to quickly address issues affecting recoverability.
- Support multiple data types, applications, and hypervisors
- Support multiple Recovery Point Objectives (RPOs) to meet Service-Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Deploy DR solutions to-and-from on-premises, and across public and private clouds
- SLA-based protection plans for backup and DR together
- Coordinate DR functions: failover, failback, testing, and reverse protection
- Reduce threat exposure through system control, site, storage layer, and network strengthening
Simplification, automatic, rapid disaster recovery services for enterprise data protection environments
Reduce your disaster recovery costs
Build multiple DR tiers to more efficiently meet your SLAs. Allocate your data based on business value, RPO/RTO requirements and support offsite backups.
- Better manage costs of disaster recovery backup infrastructure
- One solution instead of multiple point-technologies
- Easily manage recovery tiers and off-site backups
Recover your data wherever it is
Making sure your mission-critical data is accounted for and accessible is crucial to disaster recovery. With Commvault, you can recover on-premises, in the cloud, from the cloud or between clouds.
- Recover data and state inside hypervisors
- Business continuity – full recovery without rebuilding and populating data
- Orchestrated DR functions: failover, failback, testing, and reverse protection
Avoid vendor lock-in and typical cost drivers
Disaster recovery to a certain facility, hardware or hypervisor can drive up costs. You need the flexibility to recover workloads from on-premises or multiple cloud locations. Commvault can help you save disaster recovery costs by providing automatic format conversion across platforms, disaster recovery task automation, and more.
- Replicate and recover to both like and unlike hypervisors
- Automate common disaster recovery tasks
- Monitor and manage your overall recovery readiness
Provision production data for secondary use cases
With access to a secured, protected copy of your production data, Commvault® software can be leveraged to manage the provisioning, migration, cloning, and presentation of data sets for secondary uses such as:
- Dev/Test operations
- Quality assurance
- Security testing
- Disaster recovery
Whitepaper: Disaster Recovery waits for no one
Commvault Complete™ Backup & Recovery
Automate cloud disaster recovery for today’s business demands
Cloud disaster recovery needs speed, agility and granularity. Different cloud workloads have different demands. It can seem nearly impossible to align all of them at times.
Commvault software helps you build custom recovery workflows to reduce manual effort and minimize human error.
- Quickly spin up cloud storage, data and policies
- Choose the type, source, target and location of your data
- Determine the best route for continuity – full recovery or rebuilding and repopulating data
- Recover both the state and data inside hypervisors
- Meet multiple, different RTO and RPO targets
Prepare for today’s cloud environment – and tomorrow’s demands. Commvault supports more than 40 cloud storage options and multiple hypervisors.
Whether your challenge is a natural disaster, ransomware attack or human error, Commvault gives you the power and control to handle disaster recovery situations.
Disaster recovery in the cloud
Recover cloud-native workloads within their cloud, across cloud regions or from another cloud. Cloud-first organizations need the choice for rapid recovery within the cloud.
Cloud disaster recovery
for today’s business
- Automate disaster recovery workflows with tested cloud management policies
- Set and manage multiple RTO and RPOs tiers – distinct for different application groups – saving effort and budget automate disaster recovery workflows with tested cloud management policies
- Understand current status with built-in alerting, monitoring and reporting
- Initiate either a planned or unplanned failover while prioritizing what is most important to the business – recovery time or data types
- Efficiently replicate data, saving time and bandwidth, especially with cloud-to-cloud disaster recovery
Harnessing Multi Cloud Disaster Recovery
Harnessing the power of multi cloud disaster recovery is essential in order to meet increasingly strict data compliance rules, combat the prevalence of ransomware and maintain business continuity.
Reduce costs and accelerate recovery with cloud disaster recovery
Save time, budget and efficiency by managing your multi cloud disaster recovery strategy with Commvault. Align your organization’s unique data needs with your own custom business-continuity plan.
- Speed up work by starting in your public cloud interface. Native integration means backup and recovery jobs can run from the cloud interface or your Commvault Command Center™ .
- Choose your fastest continuity route – full recovery or rebuild and populate data.
- Reduce costs with power management. Automatically power on Commvault cloud-hosted agents for backup, restore or pruning, and gracefully power down resources when the job is complete.
Best of all, reduce the cost of maintaining multiple point technologies. Consolidate and streamline your on-premises and cloud-based disaster recovery strategy with a single point of management.
University of Canberra automates disaster recovery, saves time and cost, improves data availability with Commvault and AWS.
Cloud disaster recovery
with hypervisor flexibility
Your environment changes quickly. Be prepared for cloud disaster recovery from your ever-changing hypervisor stack. Commvault supports:
- Gentless API integration with the hypervisor for lower RPOs
- Flexibility to replicate and recover to both like and unlike hypervisors
- Protection of native cloud workloads for compliance with SLAs
With Commvault you can manage data across on-premises data centers, public and private clouds – becoming an agile IT organization with consistent, strategic data management practices.
Align with a cloud partner
Commvault software supports more than 40 cloud storage options across public and private clouds. Get a comprehensive view of data storage locations, consistent service level agreements for hybrid IT environments, and policy control management for cloud and on-premises workloads.