- Comprehensive data protection solution for Microsoft® Azure Stack
- Agentless Virtual Machine (VM) proxy backup and recovery, leveraging Azure Stack’s native Application Programming Interface (API)
- Granular recovery of files and folders within VMs
- Application-consistent guest-level backups
- Azure Stack Blob Storage backup and recovery
- Easy conversion and migration of VMware and Azure VMs into Azure Stack
- VM Disaster Recovery (DR) between Azure Stack Scale Units
- Simplified protection plans based on Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Easy, consistent administration as part of Commvault Complete™ Data Protection
- Available as an appliance-based solution, as software-only, or as a hybrid solution
Azure Stack — Microsoft’s hybrid cloud solution — brings the benefits of the Azure public cloud to on-premises data centers. It enables such Azure services as Virtual Machine Scale Sets in your private data center with the same administrative tools and experiences you’d find with Azure Resource Manager in a public cloud environment. At Commvault, we believe that protecting, recovering and managing all the data in your Azure Stack environment should be simple. As part of the Commvault Complete™ Data Protection product, this solution offers native integration with the Azure Stack API and provides a solid foundation for comprehensive backup and recovery, migration, and DR for all the data layers in your Azure Stack environment.
Comprehensive data protection for Azure Stack
Protecting a VM might seem simple; protecting thousands of VM’s, protecting non-VM data, migrating data onto your Azure Stack, and deploying a DR solution is not as simple. Commvault can help simplify these tasks by using SLA-based protection plans to protect your VMs, leverage our VM conversion to easily migrate data to your Azure Stack with just a couple of clicks, and deploy Live Sync Replication to meet your unique DR requirements.
Azure Stack data protection highlights
- Agentless protection of Azure Stack VMs using the Commvault Virtual Server Agent proxy (VSA)
- Full backup and recovery of Azure Stack Blob Storage
- Simplified migration of VMs to Azure Stack
- Support for connected and noon-connected environments using Azure Active Directory (AAD) and Active Directory Federated Service (ADFS)
- Disaster recovery for Azure Stack VMs
- Snapshot integration through Commvault IntelliSnap® Technology
- Comprehensive reporting and alerting
- Support for Azure Active Directory (AAD) and Active Directory Federated Service (ADFS)
- Guest file and folder restore
- Application protection beyond VM backup and recovery
Easy to use and flexible
Commvault also offers an integrated solution with its HyperScale™ Technology platform that combines all aspects of the data protection platform in a scale-out system. Commvault can also be deployed as a completely virtual or cloud-based protection platform, depending on the needs of your business. A single, intuitive management interface consolidates all configuration, management and reporting tools into a web-based portal, simplifying ongoing management and greatly reducing your administrative burden.
You rely on Azure Stack to simplify your data center infrastructure. With Commvault, you can extend that simplicity to your data management with a robust, natively-integrated Azure Stack backup & recovery solution.