What’s New in Commvault
Platform Release 2022E?
Commvault Platform Release 2022E is our annual long-term support (LTS) release and delivers industry-leading data management including new ways to keep your data secure and better protect yourself against ransomware attacks through our Intelligent Data Services.
See below for more details on some of the new capabilities in this release – and bookmark this page as we’ll be highlighting more features available in Platform Release 2022E in the weeks to come!
AWS-Azure Cross-Cloud Replication & Recovery
Delivering true multi-cloud disaster recovery to help ensure business continuity
- Enable business continuity with multi-cloud disaster recovery for AWS and Azure workloads
- Limit risks and exposure by going beyond a single public cloud vendor
- Ensure workload mobility for migration or application placement, whether temporary or long-term
New Data Protection for Couchbase
New protection for Couchbase Big Data NoSQL database delivers:
- Lower costs with a smaller storage footprint by running incremental backups without a fully-staged backup
- Multi-cloud and hybrid cloud protection with support for both on-prem and hosted IaaS deployments
- Greater ability to meet compliance needs with long-term retention
Warm Site Replication
Allows periodic replication for lower-priority applications with moderate Disaster Recovery requirements:
- Prioritize DR strategy toward those workloads requiring faster RTOs
- Lower costs by reducing standby infrastructure expenses at the recovery site
- Simplify management and optimize cloud usage by reducing DR cloud footprint
Complete Kubernetes Protection
Complex applications that re-use shared resources can now be protected and recovered with confidence:
- Improved resiliency with complete cloud-native protection for the entire Kubernetes ecosystem, including full clusters, namespaces, and ETCD & SSL cert protection
- Faster, simpler dev testing and lifecycle events with seamless migration of Kubernetes apps between clusters, distributions, versions & storage
- Cost-effective disaster recovery by replicating business-critical applications offsite for on-demand application recovery – with no long-running infrastructure required
Expanded Protection for Azure Cosmos DB and Azure Table Storage
Includes backup & restore capabilities for Azure Cosmos DB with Table API, and Azure Table Storage. Provides superior protection using the Table API over Azure native backups, allowing:
- Greater cost optimization with deduplication and compression capabilities
- Better protection against accidental or malicious deletion with no retention limit
- Ability to satisfy compliance needs with long-term retention
Azure Stack to Azure Replication and Disaster Recovery
Azure Stack customers can now leverage Azure for replication and disaster recovery in implementing their hybrid cloud strategy:
- Simplify your hybrid cloud strategy with DR and application mobility across Azure and Azure Stack deployments
- Improve RPO/RTO over standard backup Service Level Agreements
- Easily configure, manage, and monitor through existing Replication Group administration within Commvault Command Center™
File Type Anomaly Detection
Deeper insights yield better detection and faster responses to potential threats to your data, including:
- Greater insights to unauthorized activity and file changes to better determine if data has been compromised
- Improved incident response with immediate alerting of suspected activity
- Automatic, efficient data recovery using clean versions from unaffected backups
Changed Block Tracking (CBT)
Support for Azure Disk Encryption
Gain performance and cost savings without sacrificing security via extended Microsoft API functionality:
- Save time and lower costs while enhancing security
- Enhanced backup performance of virtual disks
- Improves both security and performance for Virtual Machines using managed disks with Azure Disk Encryption
HyperScale™ X Security Enhancements
– Available with Commvault HyperScale X .
New security enhancements help improve security posture and increase protection against ransomware:
- Increase security and improve ransomware protection via zero trust principles:
Secure Shell blocks unauthorized admin access to protected data and ensures that even privileged users require sufficient authorization for admin access.
- Keep backup data more secure and immutable:
SEC17a certification further rounds out HyperScale™ X’s immutable file system capabilities, keeping backup data safe from being modified or encrypted.
- Reduce risk of security vulnerabilities:
Additional platform hardening, automated and systematic patching for the entire software stack, and built-in firewall protection keep you secure by design and up to date against threats.