Accelerate hybrid cloud adoption, scale-out as needed, and manage data workloads from a single intuitive platform.
Storage meets data protection
An intuitive scale-out solution that’s fully integrated with Commvault’s Intelligent Data Services. Accelerate your digital transformation journey with unmatched scalability, security, and resiliency. Commvault HyperScale X delivers:
Simple, flexible data protection
- One solution for all your workloads including containers, virtual, and databases
- Streamlined installation process that speeds deployment and time to first backup
- All centrally managed from a single place wherever your data lives via the Commvault Command Center (see below)
- Incremental storage growth up to 5PB of capacity within a single deduplicated storage pool
- Cost-optimized cloud data mobility to move data to, from, within, and between clouds, including Metallic Cloud Storage Service (MCSS)
- Data reuse via copy data management that provides instant recovery of VMs, DR testing of replicas directly from the hardware, and live production copies for DevOps and testing
Trusted security and resiliency
- Ransomware protection with intelligent monitoring that detects anomalies and sends alerts, plus multiple layers of immutability that protect data against unwanted changes
- Built-in resiliency allows the ability to tolerate a node failure or multiple HD failures within a cluster with erasure coding 4+2, providing optimal storage efficiency
- High performance backup and recovery with automatic load balancing and improved RPO/RTO
Commvault Intelligent Data Services
HyperScale X is part of Commvault’s Intelligent Data Services Platform that enables organizations to proactively simplify and manage the complexity of enterprise data.
Hello simplicity, goodbye inefficiency
Our flexible architecture gets you up and running fast and grows as your needs do. Get full data protection, spend less up front, and ensure full capacity usage.
What differentiates Commvault HyperScale X?
Commvault HyperScale X improves the performance, scalability, and resiliency over the previous generation while simplifying deployment.
Additionally, HyperScale X provides more flexible licensing options and is centrally managed using the Commvault Command Center™.
Automatic and intelligent data distribution across nodes to optimize performance
Expand in single-node increments
Built-in resiliency allows the ability to tolerate a node failure or multiple HD failures within a cluster with erasure coding 4+2, providing optimal storage efficiency
Simplified network configuration and reduced prerequisites
Added metadata storage for cloud copies
Enhanced immutability protects against ransomware attacks
It’s not a matter of if you will be hit by ransomware but when. Commvault’s multiple layers of immutability across the software, OS, and file system help protect against ransomware attacks by preventing protected data from being accidentally or maliciously encrypted, modified, or deleted.
Software (WORM storage policies)
- Attempt: Backup admin tries to accidentally delete backup job, policy, or library
- Action: Denied by WORM (write once, read many) storage policy
Operating System (Access controls)
- Attempt: Authorized user tries to encrypt, move, or delete files or reformat a disk
- Action: OS blocks users and/or ransomware attacks through access controls
File System (Immutability at the storage layer)
- Attempt: Authorized or malicious user tries to modify or encrypt protected backup data
- Action: Immutable file system prevents backup data from being modified/encrypted
Commvault HyperScale X for Metallic
Metallic delivers Commvault’s intelligent data services via software-as-a-service (SaaS). Now, customers looking for the benefits of HyperScale X have the option to deploy it as a cloud-delivered backup service.
HyperScale X for Metallic enables the Commvault-branded appliance or a validated reference design to operate as an on-premises backup target for hybrid cloud workloads protected by Metallic.
By putting compute and storage resources at the edge closer to the backup source, you get a local air-gapped copy that enables faster recovery and lower costs, while still enjoying the simplicity and flexibility benefits of a SaaS-delivered backup solution.
Whether you deploy HyperScale X as edge storage as part of a cloud-led SaaS solution or as traditional on-prem storage for data center workloads, you get a unified customer experience through Commvault Command Center.
Commvault Command Center
A single view to manage your entire data environment
Commvault Command Center™ offers a single dashboard to manage your entire data environment. Identify data you want to protect, monitor backups and restores, and easily access analytics. Default configurations and streamlined procedures save time and role-based access enables self-service capabilities, reducing the load on your IT staff.
A Commvault HyperScale X dashboard further simplifies management by monitoring all HyperScale-specific storage. Quickly and easily review the performance and health of hardware components and receive notifications if/when SLAs are not being met.
Accelerate your hybrid cloud journey with Commvault HyperScale X
Both options combine data protection software, operating system, compute, and storage in an integrated pre-configured solution that delivers:
Faster time to value
Eliminate identifying, testing, and optimizing the configuration
Save IT staff time with centralized management and reporting
Reduced capital costs
Mix/match HW for Ref Design; leverage existing partnerships
Single patch & updates
Deploy one comprehensive patch for software updates
Scalability & flexibility
Purchase the capacity you need with no costly forklift upgrades
One point of contact for SW
Get seamless support from Commvault for any software issues
Apollo Tyres automates endpoint protection across geographies with Commvault HyperScale Appliance
Mitchell International enables rapid recovery across a diverse IT environment with Commvault HyperScale
Spark New Zealand saves millions of OPEX dollars with Commvault HyperScale appliances