Storage meets data protection
An intuitive scale-out solution that’s fully integrated with Commvault’s Intelligent Data Services. Accelerate your digital transformation journey with unmatched scalability, security, and resiliency. Commvault HyperScale X delivers:
Simple, flexible data protection
- One solution for all your workloads including containers, virtual, and databases
- Streamlined installation process that speeds deployment and time to first backup
- All centrally managed from a single place wherever your data lives via the Commvault Command Center (see below)
- Incremental storage growth up to 5PB of capacity within a single deduplicated storage pool
- Cost-optimized cloud data mobility to move data to, from, within, and between clouds, including Metallic Cloud Storage Service (MCSS)
- Data reuse via copy data management that provides instant recovery of VMs, DR testing of replicas directly from the hardware, and live production copies for DevOps and testing
Trusted security and resiliency
- Ransomware protection with intelligent monitoring that detects anomalies and sends alerts, plus multiple layers of immutability that protect data against unwanted changes
- Built-in resiliency that increases as you add nodes, including the ability to support multiple hardware failures
- High performance backup and recovery with automatic load balancing and improved RPO/RTO
How much can you save with HyperScale X?
Find out in less than 5 minutes with our total cost of ownership assessment.
Commvault Intelligent Data Services
HyperScale X is part of Commvault’s Intelligent Data Services Platform that enables organizations to proactively simplify and manage the complexity of enterprise data.
Hello simplicity, goodbye inefficiency
Our flexible architecture gets you up and running fast and grows as your needs do. Get full data protection, spend less up front, and ensure full capacity usage.
What differentiates Commvault HyperScale X?
Commvault HyperScale X improves the performance, scalability, and resiliency over the previous generation while simplifying deployment.
Additionally, HyperScale X provides more flexible licensing options and is centrally managed using the Commvault Command Center™.
Automatic and intelligent data distribution across nodes to optimize performance
Expand in single-node increments
Tolerate any two node failures in a cluster of 6+ nodes
Simplified network configuration and reduced prerequisites
Added metadata storage for cloud copies
Enhanced immutability protects against ransomware attacks
It’s not a matter of if you will be hit by ransomware but when. Commvault’s multiple layers of immutability across the software, OS, and file system help protect against ransomware attacks by preventing protected data from being accidentally or maliciously encrypted, modified, or deleted.
Software (WORM storage policies)
- Attempt: Backup admin tries to accidentally delete backup job, policy, or library
- Action: Denied by WORM (write once, read many) storage policy
Operating System (Access controls)
- Attempt: Authorized user tries to encrypt, move, or delete files or reformat a disk
- Action: OS blocks users and/or ransomware attacks through access controls
File System (Immutability at the storage layer)
- Attempt: Authorized or malicious user tries to modify or encrypt protected backup data
- Action: Immutable file system prevents backup data from being modified/encrypted