Commvault Salesforce data protection
Be ready to protect your cloud and SaaS data
Protecting your valuable data is critical to the efficient operations of any business. Most companies apply data protection best practices to their on-premises data, however, data residing in the cloud or within SaaS solutions are often overlooked. Proper data protection is essential for cloud-based CRM platforms like Salesforce (SFDC), which contain valuable business and customer information.
Commvault integrates with the native Salesforce APIs to provide proper data protection, retention and recoverability. Automated processes reduce overhead and complexity while giving you advanced abilities like encryption, search, scheduling, data masking, sandboxing, storage reduction and data comparison. This means your Salesforce data is protected, recoverable, and managed the way you want it to be – according to your SLAs and policies.
Why do you need Salesforce protection?
Like any data, Salesforce has the potential for user error or data corruption through malicious intent. This can cause loss of productivity, customer attrition and an impact to revenue. Salesforce provides some built-in options for data protection, however, it has limitations:
- Data exports do not include all of the objects
- The recycle bin only holds deleted records for two weeks and is limited in size
- No compliance options within the solution
- SFDC charges a flat fee of $10,000 USD for recovery of data
- No metadata recovery (Not included in SFDC restore)
- Limited retention (SFDC only allows up to three months)
- Long recovery time or RTO (SFDC restore usually takes six-eight weeks to complete)
- No self-service recovery (SFDC requires a lengthy list of requirements)
- SFDC files accumulate and increase storage requirements
A more flexible solution is the answer to these limitations. Commvault provides a single solution for data management, no matter what or where your data is. With Commvault, you have one place to go to protect, manage and recover your data. Compliance requirements are met with custom retention policies, encryption and the ability to search and manage this data. Do you have the need to perform tests and manipulate your data? Clone your environment in your own sandbox and apply data masking to ensure confidential information is obfuscated. Were changes made in your environment and you’re not sure what they are? Simply compare backups, identify and roll back the unwanted changes.
Key Salesforce data protection features
- eDiscovery Search
- Security (Encryption, multiple copies, offsite retention)
- Compliance (Encryption, multiple copies, offsite retention)
- View and compare changes made by comparing backups
- Scheduling of backups
- Customized and selective restore
- Set your own retention
- Data Masking
- Low RTO self-restore
- Sandboxing for Dev/Test
Not all solutions are the same when it comes to data protection. Be confident that custom objects, files and content are all being protected and can be restored.
Within the Salesforce data set, Commvault protects:
- Standard objects – Default objects used to store data such as accounts and contacts
- Custom objects – Custom created objects used to store data such as invoices
- Files – Standard documents, attachments and libraries
- Salesforce CRM content – Salesforce specific metadata, layouts, app settings and profiles
- Relationships – Links between SFDC objects such as parent and child relationships
Production data residing in the cloud should not only be protected to the same cloud location. Having the ability to create multiple copies of your data in the cloud, another cloud, or even to an on-premises location provides you with data security beyond what basic solutions offer. Salesforce recommends a third-party backup solution be used instead of its native solution. Ask yourself this question: “How impactful would Salesforce data corruption be to your business?”
With Commvault, you can rest assured that you’re Salesforce data is protected and ready to recover.
Construction firm reduces costs, complexity and risk by protecting information in the cloud and at remote sites through a single data management solution