Federal security remediation
Complete data protection. Complete mission confidence.
A White House report1 found that three quarters of Federal agencies are not managing their cybersecurity risk correctly and are therefore at “risk or high risk” of data theft or network intrusion due to weak cybersecurity programs.
And while current IT modernization efforts will likely help bolster security postures, agencies still face major challenges on the road ahead from highly-sophisticated threats – including a significant rise in email-based ransomware attacks – to the perennial issues of budget constraints, workforce gaps and myriad compliance requirements.
Often it’s not a case of “if” an agency will face attack, but “when,” so agencies need to ensure their valuable, mission-critical data is protected and accessible at all times. Research firm Cybersecurity Ventures predicts that ransomware damages will cost the world more than $11.5 billion in 2019, up from $325 million in 2015. Cybersecurity Ventures also predicts there will be a ransomware attack on businesses every 14 seconds by the end of 2019.2
But as we all know, even more important than the financial impact is the need to ensure mission success – your reputation depends on it. When a breach occurs, agencies must be able to immediately remediate the situation, and quickly find and recover their information, whether it is on-premises or in the cloud.
Commvault delivers an integrated, automated data protection approach that provides a single, complete view of all stored data. This means our Federal government customers can rapidly recover data, whenever you need to, so you can continue to serve your constituents, even in the face of a ransomware threat.
Protecting your data at the moment it matters
Our solution doesn’t stop at file servers and storage arrays. Even files stored in third-party file sharing applications can be protected in a secure, searchable and centralized virtual repository. In addition, data created and stored on laptops and desktops can be secured and accessible from any web browser or mobile device.
Because Commvault ensures that your data has been securely backed up and protected, in the case of a ransomware attack you can easily recover and restore your data with no service interruption. In addition, Commvault software closely monitors the rate of file changes within your system. If an anomalous activity is detected, alerts are launched for further investigation to prevent the spread of any infection to other systems throughout your infrastructure.
With Commvault, you’ll have an end-to-end solution that improves threat and risk mitigation across all endpoints and applications while providing you with greater confidence in data backup, recovery and compliance.
Federal agencies turn to Commvault because our solution:
- Meets the standards and recommendations of the Center for Internet Security and the U.S. Government, including compliance with FIPS-140-2, AFI 33-210, and Army Certification of Networthiness (CoN) for both SIPRNet and NIPRNet
- Has built-in ransomware mitigation features for backup data (mount path protection), ransomware detection (honeypot technology), and firewall and port mapping
- Includes roles-based security, not only for administrator tasks, but also for the clients they use to complete them
- Enables administrators to geo-locate and remote wipe an endpoint
- Includes built-in auditing of all administrator activities, as well as alerting
- Includes log scrubbing and log monitoring capabilities
- Provides workflows for approval routing for specific tasks
- Includes two-factor authentication for added security, as well as a secure data erase feature, which allows administrators to clean/remove specific parts of backup data when necessary
- Alternates copies used to maintain persistent copies of the data in other locations – a powerful protection against ransomware by shutting down access paths for attackers to get to backup pools attached to any online backup sets
- Protects data, including data retained in cold storage, using a secure, searchable, and centralized virtual repository and a protective “gap” that prevents stored data from being corrupted while still enabling content to be searched and recovered
- Has a streamlined approach to endpoint protection, which reduces the burden on IT, improves end user productivity, and keeps agency data protected, no matter where it resides
With a single solution to manage agencies’ full range of backup, archive, and data management requirements, Commvault makes it easy for agencies to protect and recover their data – no matter where it resides – so they can continue to deliver on their missions, no matter what.
Commvault software redefines what backup means for the progressive enterprise. With innovative products that include Commvault Complete™ Data Protection; Commvault HyperScale™ X; and File Storage Optimization, Data Governance, and eDiscovery & Compliance, Commvault offers an integrated range of backup and recovery, storage infrastructure, service delivery orchestration and data governance solutions.