By Hope D’Amore
Although vintage trends have become more popular in recent years, your outdated backups are not. They aren’t getting any easier to manage, in fact, most people consider them to be a burden in their IT environment. It would be nice if we could bring all our vintage backups to a thrift store and exchange them for something newer, and simpler to use, but that is not the case.
The complexity and lack of integration from these older backups restrict scalability, create silos that decrease data visibility, reduce IT productivity, and increase overall risk. You need to keep these outdated backups for retention and compliance requirements, but what comes with that is a whole slew of restrictions that hold you back from innovating.
As you are looking to modernize your data protection, make sure you not only, keep up with the trends but stay ahead – you need to migrate your backups with powerful simplicity to the cloud. Instead of holding onto expensive legacy backups, move them and other data sets to inexpensive cloud storage with Commvault. By migrating old backups to the cloud, you can eliminate data silos, improve their availability, and reduce the overall risk in your organization.
Take a look at five, but not all, benefits of migrating legacy backups to the cloud with Commvault:
- Consolidating to a Single Platform with web-based browse and management will simplify your entire IT environment. Commvault is a single backup and recovery solution, delivered as an all-in-one appliance that provides unified management across your entire environment – from on-premises to the cloud – you’re adding more value with a single console.
- Staff Efficiency will come from the automation and GUI- based management within Commvault’s comprehensive platform. Automation will help you to streamline the management of tasks so you’re staff can focus on more innovative projects as well as make migration a hands-free process for your staff.
- Cost Reduction will be because of the reduction in maintenance fees from no longer holding onto expensive, legacy backups. You will also be able to retire unnecessary hardware and reduce the number of point solutions you are paying for. Your staff will no longer have to be trained on antiquated solutions and instead can spend time enhancing their skill set.
- Improve Regulatory Compliance because migrating to the Commvault platform will allow for easy search, discovery, and recovery. Improve data availability and recoverability with instant access and policy-driven automation.
- Streamline Recovery with faster and more reliable SLAs. Comprehensive data protection from a single platform will ensure enterprise-level disaster recovery every time.
Avoid a fashion faux pas with an outdated IT environment
Migrating to the cloud requires flexibility and simplicity from a modern data protection solution. Without Commvault, you could face falling behind on currents trend and negatively impact the success of your IT goals. It’s time to take a simple, cost-effective, and modern approach to safely protect your data where it lives – on-premises and in the cloud – and migrate it easily and effectively.
For a total closet refresh in your IT environment, take a look at this whitepaper.