Solution brief: Commvault Validated Reference Design Program for Commvault HyperScale™ Software
Commvault is addressing today’s IT business challenges with Commvault HyperScale Software, a complete software defined solution built exclusively with Commvault software on a scale-out infrastructure. With Commvault HyperScale Software, organizations can build a fully modern data management solution that is customized to meet both business and IT needs. Enterprises can go a long way in transforming their data centers to be operationally efficient, resilient, and scalable as public cloud infrastructure. While a build-your-own solution allows for greater customization it often requires greater staffing resources and time to bring the system into production.
To address these challenges, there is a better approach that puts you in control with the freedom of choice in an easy-to-use solution. Commvault has developed a Validated Reference Design Program with leading technology partners to provide validated, tested and optimized hardware configurations. These designs take the guesswork out of deployment, reduce complexity and add customer value.
Benefits of Commvault Validated Reference Design Program
Through Commvault’s Validated Reference Design Program, working with industry-leading technology partners for the compute and storage is easier and delivers a more robust solution. By validating the configuration and integrating the hardware and software, you realize these benefits:
- A single platform for sharing compute and storage resources using industry standard hardware.
- Faster time to value, as the extensive and time-consuming steps of identifying, testing, and optimizing the configuration are eliminated.
- Purchase only what you need and when you need it; flexible hardware configurations from leading technology companies.
- Save staff time by having a single, easy-to-use graphical user interface to manage the software, compute, and storage.
- Reduce capital expenditures by leveraging existing hardware partner agreements for cost efficiencies and consistency throughout your environment.
- Choose the hardware platform from eight different partners and enjoy the flexibility to mix and match hardware between manufacturers and hardware model generations.
- Easily scale to petabytes of data; supporting the largest environments, without incurring costly or complex forklift upgrades.
- Seamless support experience; delivered by a single vendor.
With Commvault HyperScale Software on a Validated Reference Design, Commvault is delivering on its continual focus for evolving modern data protection and providing organizations even greater choice for solving their data protection and management challenges.
Innovation with leading Technology Alliance Partners
Commvault works with eight technology alliance partners to provide a broad range of offerings, and to provide enterprises greater choice for their hardware platform. The benefits of choosing your own hardware infrastructure is it allows you to:
- Leverage existing relationships, including volume purchasing agreements, to optimize your purchasing power.
- Extend your corporate IT hardware standards to data protection and management for greater consistency throughout your environment.
- Leverage existing tool sets for greater staff productivity as they are already familiar with the server and compute hardware, as well as its administration and support processes.
Today Commvault works with these leading IT technology companies to deliver Commvault HyperScale™ Software on their respective compute and storage platforms: Cisco®, Dell Technologies, Fujitsu, Huawei, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Lenovo™ and Supermicro.
By leveraging the Commvault HyperScale Software with a Validated Reference Design, you are able to maximize the return on investment from both Commvault and our technology alliance partner. Our joint solution reduces the complexity, cost, and risk over traditional build-your-own data management solutions.
Taking the guesswork out of configuration and installation
With Commvault HyperScale Software with a Validated Reference Design, Commvault aligns with IT technology partners to jointly respond to the rapidly evolving technology demands with innovative data management solutions.
By closely collaborating with our Technology Alliance Partners, Commvault creates best-of-breed solutions that take full advantage of our combined technologies in order to deliver superior customer value. The results of these efforts culminate in a reference design to reduce staff time, risk, and complexity while speeding the solution into production. The Reference Design covers the design components of the Commvault HyperScale Software architecture, providing options for purchasing the hardware infrastructure. The document is broken into a high level component section detailing out the configuration and specific component options that can be selected depending on the storage density, metadata, and optional I/O components that are required. It is divided into subsections to provide guidance for ordering the respective hardware configurations or Bill of Materials.
Saving time through software and hardware integration
Commvault’s Validated Reference Design Program saves organizations significant time through its hardware and software integration. By integrating the operating system, compute and storage firmware into the Commvault HyperScale Software, it provides greater benefits over traditional software and hardware based solutions. With the Validated Reference Design, this in-depth integration enables enterprises to realize time savings in five key areas:
- Ease of Acquisition: an integrated solution including pre-installed data protection software, operating system and compute and storage firmware that’s pre-configured and validated for the specific workload, all available in a single package for easy procurement.
- Simple Installation and Integration: a single software package eliminates loading the OS, data protection software and firmware separately. A comprehensive installation guide and documented processes saves time and eliminates complexity.
- Centralized Manageability: conserve valuable IT staff resources and time with centralized management and reporting via an easy-to-use console for the entire solution. No longer manage the OS, compute, storage and data protection separately.
- Single Patch Update: save time and minimize risk of patching individual software components separately. A single, comprehensive patch updates the entire solution to ensure you are always running the current software versions.
- One Point of Contact: Commvault is the single go-to source for problem determination for both operating system and data protection software. Through close relationships with our technology alliance partners, Commvault eliminates the traditional finger-pointing of build-your-own solutions or point products.
|Benefits of Commvault HyperScale Software||Build-Your-Own-Solution||Commvault HyperScale Software|
|Install & Integration||No||Yes|
|Patches & Updates||No||Software and drivers|
Commvault HyperScale Software with a Validated Reference Design provides enterprises with the freedom of choice for designing your scale-out infrastructure. The benefits are choosing the hardware configuration sizes and models to meet your needs, leveraging your existing hardware partner relationships for consistency throughout your environment, and tested and integrated configurations to speed implementation, management, and support. With Commvault HyperScale Software, you can build a unified, modern data protection and management platform that delivers greater resiliency, availability, and scale with predictable performance and economics.