’Tis the Event Season for Microsoft and Commvault
February through June is always “Event Season” for Microsoft. A lot of major events typically take place and this year is no exception. If you plan to attend any of the events, please stop by and say hello to the Commvault team. Here’s a quick review of where we’ve been and where we will be in the coming weeks:
- SharePoint Conference 2014: SharePoint has matured to where SharePoint data is as relevant, important and under as much scrutiny as Exchange. Azure was also a leading topic, although discussions about the new SharePoint “Shredded” storage feature led to interesting discussions on how Commvault’s deduplication enhances that feature. Oh, and it’s always fascinating to watch several thousand geeks descend on Las Vegas.
- Microsoft Exchange Conference (3/31 – 4/02 in Austin, TX): As a veteran of the original Exchange Conferences from a decade or more ago, it’s good to see this show “rise like a “Phoenix.” I’m looking forward to demonstrating and discussing Commvault’s integration with Office 365.
- DEV Intersection (4/13 – 4/16 in Orlando, FL)
- SharePoint TechCon (4/22 in San Francisco)
- TechEd North America (5/12 – 5/15 in Houston, TX): This show is the Granddaddy of them all. Commvault is stepping up to be a Platinum Sponsor this year and will again be sponsoring the JAM Sessions. We’ll also be hosting executive briefings and leading a session with Microsoft on Wednesday, May 14 at 1:00 p.m., where we’ll be discussing Windows-Centric Data Management. The session number is DCIM-B291, and will cover all aspects of on-prem, Hybrid and Azure data management. We will have many live demonstrations during the session.
And please look at the new Windows IT Pro executive interview we did with Microsoft. It’s always a pleasure to share speaking engagements with Microsoft folks like EVP, Eric Rudder, Fran Dougherty and Mike Opal. Our CEO, Bob Hammer, also provides valuable insights. It’s an interesting read discussing our shared past, present, and future.