Gearing Up for AWS re:Invent 2014
Commvault could not be more excited to be a Platinum sponsor at AWS re:Invent next week. Along with more than 12,000 other attendees, we’re looking forward to hearing about great successes and innovations by customers and partners in the global AWS community.
We have some exciting solutions to share ourselves. Commvault® Simpana® software includes support for Amazon S3 and Amazon Glacier to manage data across on-premise and off-premise cloud infrastructures, and new automated virtual machine (VM) provisioning and lifecycle management features for workloads running on Amazon EC2.
Commvault is proud to be designated as an AWS Advanced Technology Partner and a Storage Competency Partner in the AWS Partner Network (APN). What cloud solutions do we deliver that help us stand out in the impressive ecosystem of AWS partners?
- Cloud Management: Provision and manage workloads on the AWS Cloud with the same tools as your internal infrastructure, reducing complexity and streamlining your operations.
- Backup and Recovery: Migrate & manage your backup data in Amazon S3 or Amazon Glacier, or back up your workloads running entirely on Amazon EC2. Commvault already supports many cloud storage devices -- in fact, we are #1 in cloud storage integrations.
- Archive: Ensure compliance and granular access to your archive data in the AWS Cloud. Simpana software manages your data across all your cloud, disk, and tape storage devices - as a single virtual repository, managed from a single console.
- DR: Migrate data and applications to the AWS Cloud for DR testing and preparedness. In times of recovery, you can restore entirely in the AWS Cloud or restore back in your own facility.
So, what’s in store from the Commvault team next week in Las Vegas?
- Technical Session: on Wednesday, Nov. 12 at 1:15 p.m. in Delfino 4102, Paul McClure, chief technologist, cloud solutions group, will present BAC309 - Automating Backup and Archiving with AWS and Commvault. You’ll learn about key use cases, best practices, and considerations for protecting business-critical workloads with AWS and Commvault. You’ll also automatically be entered into our daily drawing and get a code for the “Crack the Code” game.
- Booth Presentations: Come by at 11:45 a.m. and 4 p.m. each day to Platinum booth No. 1215 in the re:Invent Central Expo Hall to learn about the following topics:
- Data Migration and Recovery with Amazon S3 and Glacier, from David Ngo, director of technical alliances
- Automating VM Backup and Management in AWS Cloud, from Robbie Wright, senior product marketing manager
- "Crack the Code": Commvault is sponsoring a "Lock Box" in the “Crack the Code” promotion. The Lock Boxes are located in the Activity Midway on the show floor. Participants must Crack the Code for an opportunity to win a Kindle Fire. Each box has a sponsor logo placed on it – all you have to do is stop by our booth to obtain a Commvault 'code card,' which may be the lucky one to unlock our box. We will have a limited number of 'code cards' each day so come by to see a demo or watch a presentation and pick up a code card. You may be the lucky winner!
And for a little extra fun…
Want a chance to win a Quadricopter Drone and be the envy of all your neighbors and friends? We’ll have a daily Drone drawing, at 4 p.m. each day after the Commvault in-booth presentation. The winner will be chosen from the badges we’ve scanned and you must be present to win.
We know Las Vegas is a gambling town, but don’t gamble when it comes to choosing a data protection solution for your workloads in the cloud. Stop by our booth and talk to our experts, and let us know how we can help. For those of you who won’t be able to make it there in person, you can learn more here.
Commvault supports more than 20 of the leading cloud storage platforms and devices, including Amazon S3, Amazon Glacier, Microsoft Azure, Rackspace Cloud Files – more than any other major leading backup and recovery software vendor.