When it comes to virtual machine and cloud management solutions, there are a lot of options on the market today, which can lead to many questions about use cases and benefits. Knowing the decision to actually deploy a solution is daunting, let alone determining the best way to use it, we’ve outlined a few examples of different ways organizations can use VM backup, recovery and cloud management technology.
For customers and businesses looking to build out their virtualization environment and others looking to virtualize new applications, the Commvault Simpana for VM backup, Recovery and Cloud Management Solution Set can help:
- Meet business service level agreements for every VM workload type in a single solution through a tiered data protection strategy, deep VM and application-level integration and global deduplication; and,
- Manage VM resources more effectively with VM archiving, which improves VM host resource management and can help defer or reduce the size of expensive VM platform upgrades.
Expanding or migrating?
Customers and businesses looking to add a second hypervisor, or those looking to switch to another platform can benefit from VM backup and recovery solution thanks to Simpana software’s cross-hypervisor migration and management capabilities from VMware to Hyper-V and vice versa to:
- Better support multiple VM platforms in a single data protection solution, ensuring data is protected no matter what VM platform a business is running; and,
- Run rapid, near-zero down time migrations between VMware and Hyper-V that seamlessly leverage data protection copy.
Mind on the cloud?
By taking a holistic approach to data management in the cloud, organizations can eliminate the risk and reduce the cost of adopting cloud infrastructure. This is true regardless of whether customers are looking to implement private cloud, or public and hybrid cloud initiatives. Using Commvault’s technology, customers can:
- Seamlessly provision VMs in cloud infrastructure with optimized data protection services across the broadest range of VM and cloud platforms; and
- Reduce the complexity of managing multiple VM platforms and normalize management operations with a single intuitive, web-based VM management interface.
Applications a top priority?
For customers looking to improve overall application uptime (usually associated with disaster recovery and business continuity services) or optimize host resources, customers can:
- Integrate array-based snapshots across the widest range of VM and storage platforms to meet demanding RTO/RPO; and,
- Streamline VM recovery operations and implement cost effective disaster recovery and DR test for every workload.
Which bucket does your business fit under? Having a strategic VM lifecycle management solution is key in today’s industry.