Ransomware protection and recovery
You’ve seen the headlines – organizations with their data held hostage and payouts to perpetrators to restore it. With new strains of ransomware and other malware threats on the rise, your enterprise and customer data is continually at risk despite the steps you have taken.
What’s New? Ransomware Protection Offerings!
Commvault Ransomware Protection Offerings combine product and services offerings, allowing you to tailor your ransomware protection and response coverage.
Your data is under constant attack
CISOs feel at risk of suffering a cyberattack.1
IT organizations will face one or more ransomware attacks.2
average cost for rectifying a ransomware attack.3
Commvault Ransomware Risk Assessment
How confident are you in your ransomware protection and recovery capabilities? Take this 5-minute, 15 question assessment and learn how you can protect, detect and recover from ransomware.
Powerful capabilities to secure your data
Commvault solutions are built on responsiveness, innovation, and rapid execution to stay ahead of ransomware and emerging threats.
Don’t be caught with a hole in your ransomware protection
Like the back of your pants, how do you know if you have holes in your ransomware protection and recovery? Other data protection products make claims about having immutability, or air gap, or data isolation. But having only one or two data protection features does not provide the comprehensive coverage you require. Don’t be caught with your data exposed with an inferior product.
Leading analyst firms have highlighted Commvault for its innovation and differentiation in ransomware protection and recovery. And Commvault was singled out for allowing users to validate backup copies by performing isolated recoveries of data to a networkless VM environment for verification. Commvault has your back by helping you check for holes in your backups. Read more
A layered approach to ransomware protection and recovery
Commvault secures your data management environment using intelligent data protection, and monitoring capabilities aimed explicitly against malware, including ransomware. Your data is safe, secure, and recovery ready. Following the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Cybersecurity Framework standards and best practices and controls up and down the backup and recovery stack, this multi-layered approach delivers comprehensive data protection.
Commvault Command CenterTM is a single dashboard to identify risk exposure and coverage status quickly.
- Complete control over who has access and what they have access to through zero-trust principles.
- Eliminate accidental or malicious administrator actions by requiring dual authorization to implement changes.
- Verified authentication support through a broad range of multi-factor authentication (MFA) options.
- Never worry about backup jobs being interrupted due to automatically updated credentials.
Through intuitive dashboards and simpliﬁed processes, you can reduce the attack surface and better safeguard your data.
- Reduce your overall attack surface by isolating networks and data management using multitenancy functionality.
- Securely air gap your backup copies to mitigate lateral moving threats.
- Quickly adopt air-gapped cloud storage through Metallic™ Cloud Storage Service.
- Immutability with your choice of hardware to protect against changes from within and outside the backup solution.
Stay up-to-date through easy-to-use dashboards that provide early warning alerts of suspicious and malicious activities.
- A single interface to easily monitor, manage, protect, and secure your environment.
- Actively monitor for abnormal activities for more signiﬁcant insights, alerting, and faster response.
- Fastest detection of ransomware and other suspicious activities.
- Track user accountability by monitoring all resources and activities.
Ensure you have clean backup copies to avoid business interruptions and minimize risk.
- Automatically isolate suspected ﬁles to minimize ransomware spread and for further investigation.
- Prevent backup copies from retiring by automatically retain the last known good copy.
- Comprehensive reporting and alerting through integration with industry-leading monitoring tools for greater security coverage.
- Add your custom applications to Commvault’s list of validated applications for greater security.
Ensures consistent recovery processes across all data and workloads to restore on-premises, in the cloud, or wherever the data is needed.
- Avoid ransomware ﬁle reinfections by surgically deleting suspicious or unnecessary ﬁles.
- Recover without cloud limitations with cross-cloud and cross-hypervisor ﬂexibility to recover workloads seamlessly.
- Automate your recoveries with streamlined recovery operations through machine-learning and orchestrated workﬂows.
- Ensure clean ﬁle recoveries by quickly isolating suspected backup copies or restore to a safe location.
“If we had not already converted to Commvault, we probably would have been weeks trying to get everything back. We were able to do it in 12 hours.”– Steve Davidek, Information Technology Manager, City of Sparks
“Thanks to the encryption and security feature with Commvault, it gives us confidence that our backup copies are in a complete locked state and cannot be touched in the event of ransomware attacks.”– Sachin Jain, CIO & CISO, Evalueserve
“Commvault detected this ransomware really before any of my tool suites because of the way it came into our organization.”– David McCurdy, Chief Technology Officer, State of Colorado
Anomaly Detection: Your eyes for keeping your data safe
Keeping your data safe and minimizing business disruption is an essential part of the Commvault solution. Learn how to combat ransomware with anomaly detection.
The most robust ransomware recovery solution
With ransomware, there is both opportunity and risk – that’s the reality for businesses today and the people responsible for protecting the data. So how do you prepare? With Commvault solutions, you can ensure you can do the things that matters most if you fall victim: Recover Fast. Commvault supports you with:
Most complete protection and broadest coverage.
Best visibility across your data to manage and identify risk.
Consistent, repeatable processes and the most recovery options
Ransomware technology requirements
Security-conscious organizations like yours can trust Commvault on data recovery and get their business back up and running in no time. Through our multi-layered security approach to data protection and management, your organization benefits from:
AAA Framework protects who has access and what they have access to while monitoring events and activities for proper security. Identifying business-critical and sensitive data prior to a ransomware attack is crucial in reducing the attack surface and proactively preventing data breaches.
Single pane of glass to centrally monitor, manage, and adjust the security levels and parameters.
Protect against changes from inside and outside the backup solution. Restore unchanged and unmodified backup data anytime.
Isolate and segment storage targets from public networks to mitigate lateral moving threats.
Data is encrypted at the source, in-flight, and at rest using industry-standard protocols with multiple key management and interoperability options.
Metallic Cloud Storage Service makes it simple to adopt cloud storage and ease digital transformation securely.
Use machine learning, artificial intelligence, and honeypots to monitor and detect suspicious or unusual activity for more significant insights and quicker time to recovery.
Coordinate interactive responses and actions using APIs, workflows, and integrations with external orchestration platforms.
Ensure a clean and secure recovery by surgically deleting suspicious files, unnecessary files, or creating an isolated recovery.
Minimize lost revenue with fast, flexible cloud, virtual, and on-premises recovery options.
Protection from one platform, radically simple
Don’t let ransomware make your organization a victim. With Commvault, you’ll have an end-to-end solution that improves threat and risk mitigation across all endpoints and applications. One dashboard lets you do everything — easily. Set up data protection, identify content to protect, monitor backups and restores, and recover data and applications quickly. You will always have recovery readiness and greater confidence in your data backup, recovery, and compliance.
With flexible deployment options, you can choose:
- Commvault Complete™ Data Protection: a unified solution combining Commvault® Backup & Recovery with Commvault Disaster Recovery to deliver enterprise-grade data protection and recovery that is powerful and easy to use.
Learn about Complete Data Protection
- Commvault HyperScale™ X: intuitive and easy to deploy integrated data protection solution that supports Commvault’s Intelligent Data Services platform. The scale-out infrastructure provides unmatched scalability, security, and resiliency to accelerate an organization’s move to hybrid cloud, container, and virtualized environments. HyperScale X provides the first level of defense with immutable storage, also known as ransomware lock.
Explore Commvault HyperScale™ X
- Metallic Cloud Storage Service (MCSS): seamlessly combines cloud storage with layered, air-gapped cloud security built right in. Commvault manages secure and restrictive account access and data isolation so that you can guard secondary copies against ransomware and other threats.
Check out Metallic Cloud Storage Service
- Commvault Readiness Solutions: accelerate returning to normal business operations after a ransomware attack or other data loss event with the proper plan, design, support, and response.
Take a look at Commvault Readiness Solutions
Ransomware offerings simplify protection and recovery
Commvault Ransomware Protection Solutions combine product and solutions offerings, allowing you to tailor protection coverage to meet your needs. Each bundle includes the Commvault Ransomware Protection Service that provides two security assessments per year and five days of operational recovery support.
Data protection software needs to share your mission with proven technology.
Learn how to secure your data, your recovery and your mission.
1 Proofpoint, Voice of the CISO 2021 Report, May 12, 2021
2 Gartner – Detect, Protect, Recover: How Modern Backup Applications Can Protect You From Ransomware –Jan 2021
3 SOPHOS, The State of Ransomware 2021, April 2021